Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:54:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAnnouncing FLD's fundraising campaign (solo/indie developer)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Announcing FLD's fundraising campaign (solo/indie developer)  (Read 1138 times)
theaaronstory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2020, 04:31:31 AM »

BLURB

Fight. Live. Or die. Is a published, arcade-esque button smasher, horror-survival RPG, with roguelike elements, such as perma death; made in Unreal Engine. The goal is to survive and explore as long as you can; while earning your score. It's designed to be an easy, pick-up-and-go pixel art game, hence it was created just under two days as part of a game jam, inspired by personal, real-life events, and heavily influenced by older games, such as Diablo. If you look closer, you'll find that the only thing that this game lacks, is some love and care to bloom–from this to this–as the game is quite the bare-bones at the moment, and have a lot of room and potential for growth!  

Here you can play the game, right now, for FREE:

https://theaaronstory.itch.io/flod

A short video of the latest gameplay

THE CAMPAIGN

20+ years have passed: From a kid's Diablo art to, all the way to learning howto dev, through thick & thin. I'm anxious, horrified and thrilled to announce FLD's crowdfunding campaign! It's a project that's dearest to my heart and was long in the making (well the idea at least, the game itself was made under 2 days, with all its functions). Getting here wasn't easy at all, and took a lot of hardship, thought, and perseverance. In fact, if you're interested, you can find out more about the immediate circumstances (as well as on the campaign page), that led me to this decision, in this long blog post of mine over at Gamedev.net (where my main projects reside):

https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2270880-backlog-and-taking-it-to-the-next-level-with-a-major-announcement/

In this short campaign video below, you'll learn more about the project, my aims and most of all: about my person and capabilities. I wanted to make this project as honest and authentic as possible, and devoted every inch of my time and resources to make that happen. I hope you'll like it, and understand what my goals are and where I wish to go!

Here you'll find the main campaign page for more information:[/size]

https://www.ulule.com/fightliveordie/

If you've any questions of the project, feel free to ask, as I'm more than happy to answer! Until then.

Thank you, take care and stay safe!

Sincerely,

theaaonstory

theaaronstory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 01:04:11 AM »

An attempt was made to kill a Boss:

While the kick-starting campaign rages for FLD (linked here), I've decided to make some additional changes to the demo:
  • Transparency for objects and material fixes/changes
  • Constant fire whilst holding down left mouse
  • Movement updates, now only supports 16 directions (less “hovery” gameplay)
  • Slight hit detection
  • Combat balance fix
  • Others I forgot!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 01:10:26 AM by theaaronstory » Logged

theaaronstory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 11:08:36 PM »

Managed to sneak in a couple more updates! (lighting, animations, sounds, etc.)

theaaronstory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 02:46:39 AM »

Features that were implemented to the prototype:

• Cursor/name tag changes
  • Day/night cycle
  • Secondary attack
  • 3D sounds

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:52:26 AM by theaaronstory » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print