Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1392057 Posts in 66887 Topics- by 59672 Members - Latest Member: CountryGaming

May 17, 2021, 01:36:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFalse Skies - GBC-styled class-based RPG [The playtesting thread]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: False Skies - GBC-styled class-based RPG [The playtesting thread]  (Read 407 times)
Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »

[Devlog page]
[Demo 3B]

False Skies is a classic JRPG with an involved class system.

I'm planning on making a steam page for this come the new year, but I'd like to get a thorough delousing/difficulty check of it all before I do that. The demo above covers the first chunk of the game, and should have enough to cover all the bases in terms of mechanics, but if you wish to get a demo with content beyond what's here, feel free to message me.

Screenshots:

jbarrios
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 07:36:50 PM »

Hi Feenicks,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 08:37:41 AM »

Thanks. I made a comment on the video, but for thoroughness's sake, here it is again:
Thanks for playing this! A few things:
1. The engine I'm using for this [the OHRRPGCE] is a bit archaic, and its battle screen don't really respect non-default resolutions very much. Thankfully the the aesthetic I'm going for doesn't make the issue too obvious [example: https://i.imgur.com/etuXaue.png ], but fixing everything to work at 356x200 will take a bit of time.
2. The main reason I'm not using on-map enemies [beyond aesthetic reasons] is that a good few areas have more dangerous enemies show up on the field, similar to Etrian Odyssey [although they're less lethal here], and keeping those an obvious thing to watch out for feels important. There's some other design decisions leading me away from on-field enemies, but that's the main one.
3. The game gets a bit more linear/directed once plot starts happening and the antagonists start showing up. Dunno if that's a positive or negative for you.
Glad you liked it, either way.

Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 11:58:56 AM »

I've got a lot done on this in the past 4 months, some of what's shown off in the devlog.

If you're interested in playtesting some or all of this, PM me and I'll send you a download link.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic