Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:18:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFalse Skies - GBC-styled class-based RPG [The playtesting thread]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: False Skies - GBC-styled class-based RPG [The playtesting thread]  (Read 2830 times)
Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »

[Devlog page]
[Demo]

False Skies is a classic JRPG with an involved class system.

I'm planning on making a steam page for this come the new year, but I'd like to get a thorough delousing/difficulty check of it all before I do that. The demo above covers the first chunk of the game, and should have enough to cover all the bases in terms of mechanics, but if you wish to get a demo with content beyond what's here, feel free to message me.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 07:07:08 AM by Feenicks » Logged

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 07:36:50 PM »

Hi Feenicks,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 08:37:41 AM »

Thanks. I made a comment on the video, but for thoroughness's sake, here it is again:
Thanks for playing this! A few things:
1. The engine I'm using for this [the OHRRPGCE] is a bit archaic, and its battle screen don't really respect non-default resolutions very much. Thankfully the the aesthetic I'm going for doesn't make the issue too obvious [example: https://i.imgur.com/etuXaue.png ], but fixing everything to work at 356x200 will take a bit of time.
2. The main reason I'm not using on-map enemies [beyond aesthetic reasons] is that a good few areas have more dangerous enemies show up on the field, similar to Etrian Odyssey [although they're less lethal here], and keeping those an obvious thing to watch out for feels important. There's some other design decisions leading me away from on-field enemies, but that's the main one.
3. The game gets a bit more linear/directed once plot starts happening and the antagonists start showing up. Dunno if that's a positive or negative for you.
Glad you liked it, either way.

Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 11:58:56 AM »

I've got a lot done on this in the past 4 months, some of what's shown off in the devlog.

If you're interested in playtesting some or all of this, PM me and I'll send you a download link.

Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »

I'm typically cagey with publicly releasing demos but:

[DEMO 6]

[See the devlog linked above for new stuff, since there's way too much to put here]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:30:10 AM by Feenicks » Logged

Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 08:04:26 AM »

It's been 10 months since I last posted in here, but in that time I've got things to a more-or-less complete state.

I'm not going to be putting out a link to the full game publicly, but PM me if you want to test it out.

Feenicks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 12:08:37 PM »

Only 5 months this time, but I've done a whole bunch of balance and mechanical changes that, while minor and mostly not stuff you can show off in screenshots, have made the game better to play through.

More importantly, though, I've finally worked my way through making the extra dungeon and its associated ending, so I'm ready for more people to give me their thoughts on this before putting it up for sale.

As usual, PM me for a link, as the prior ones in this thread are outdated and won't be showing the game off in its best light.

EDIT: I also put a demo together, in case you want to play that.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 07:06:56 AM by Feenicks » Logged

mean
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 08:42:14 AM »

The colors hit my eyes like candy. Nice.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic