Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:25:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVoice of the Killer - Cartoon Horror
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Voice of the Killer - Cartoon Horror  (Read 1136 times)
garmentdistrict
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »

Greetings,

I would like to learn how to make games in the horror style, the imagination of a terrible universe is exciting to me. To this end I have made the below. The game is called Voice of the Killer and is already free on gamejolt. I am aware of my many technical failings and so would ask humbly that all feedback be devoted to the question of, did you find it Interesting or Boring, and was it Horrible to you.

The link is here: https://gamejolt.com/games/Voiceofthekiller/561933
Controls are arrows or WASD and enter/return at marked intervals.
There is no death. It takes 5mins, but if you like I will make more.

Your friend
garmentdistrict
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 07:36:22 PM »

Hi garmentdistrict,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

garmentdistrict
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 04:19:01 AM »

Ah, thank you for the video! I enjoyed watching and am glad that you had fun with the game. The buggy camera system is something I'm still tinkering with but I hope to make it at least a little less noticeable soon, haha.
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 04:02:49 PM »

Wow, what a beautiful game.

I really didn't follow the plot at all. I just ended up walking around enjoying the naivistic, dream-like mood. Music, sound, graphics all fit perfectly. And the change in the mood when lights went out was fantastic. The game shares some distant similarities with ones like Proteus, and it would make a great surreal journey.

There are few complaints. All the explaining texts seemed unnecessary to me (most may disagree). Also because of the camera movement, some corridors were easy to miss. I was about to complain how the characters easily disappear behind objects, but then lights went off and those black figures started chasing me; otherwise problematic camera movement made that part really tense.

Too bad this was so short. Have you done anything else similar?

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
garmentdistrict
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 07:09:05 AM »

Thank you! To be honest there is very little plot to miss, haha. This is the first game I've done in this style but am finishing up another two of them now and hope to put them out soon once the music and sound is in place. Blink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic