Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:20:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEverstead - A 3D homestead simulation game! - Alpha Demo Now Available!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Everstead - A 3D homestead simulation game! - Alpha Demo Now Available!  (Read 1706 times)
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2020, 10:24:05 AM »

Hello World!

Long time lurker, first time development log poster hah.

Been mucking around with projects for a while now and finally decided to make a 3D in Godot after falling in love with that engine.

My background is years of playing games such as The Sims, Runescape, Minecraft, Ark etc and I thought hey why not try make your own? So I am doing! (Trying too... Tongue)

Introducing Everstead;

EVERSTEAD

A new 3D life simulation/survival game set on the planet Prosperity.

FEATURES

-Explore the world of Prosperity and survive in its environment.

-Construct buildings to enhance your world and progress from just surviving to thriving!

-Collect Prosperity fragments around the world which give a variety of perks to your character.

-Manage a variety of simulated player stats (Hunger, Thirst, Energy, Joy, Health etc)

All of this is a work in progress of course but technically everything I've mentioned is implemented in its fundamental form and I'm hoping to share more gameplay videos and screenshots explaining further!

I have created a short teaser trailer showcasing the world and a glimpse of the gameplay with the UI hidden.

TEASER TRAILER:

Will update the forum post as I make progress!

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks,

Nytician.

EDIT:

Marked as 20% as I have been working on this for a few months its certainly not in a purely conceptual stage and I'm hoping to have an alpha ready in the new year. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 12:33:21 PM by Nytician » Logged
Phodex Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »

Ah, this reminds me of my first projects. Sure it looks pretty rough, but I can see that you have fun doing it Smiley. Just don't try to overscope. Minecraft and the other games you named are really large games. Try to start simple and go more complex as time goes on. Can't say much about the game itself because there isn't much to see yet, but good luck and have fun.

Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »

Thanks for your response. Smiley Yeah work in progress certainly. Not shown any real gameplay yet but want to wait to do a proper development log before I do that. I'm just getting the fundamental aspects in place before fleshing it out with content. Not planning to make a clone of any of the above games certainly just its own thing really which hopefully some people will enjoy in the end.

Appreciate it! :D

Nyt.
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 01:27:45 PM »

Looks interesting your project. Worth to follow your thread. Keeping fingers with further development. Coffee

Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »

Hey thanks hopefully it wont disappoint Smiley. Will share some more stuff about the gameplay soon, just want to keep working on the core before I share too much too early.

Thanks.
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »

Ok so just an update with a couple of the GIF's I've posted on my twitter account plus a bit of background for the development log to explain what I've been working on. Smiley

Shows the UI of the game and an earlier shot of the build system. It uses orbs as a kind of grid system to allow placement of crafted objects etc

Reworking the map to make it bigger and more explorable, this is a GIF of the new mountaintop area, window walls have been added and the ability to place walls on each foundation tile North, East, South, West.

Just to show you can build multiple stories and will be limited likely to 5/10 stories max, also added more detail to another aspect of the map and added a new light called the 'Classic Lamp', I think it fits the woodland outback kind of theme of the game. Also added directional placement so alongside being able to rotate objects like you could before now walls will auto place the correct way if your facing that orb.

This is just a funny one in my opinion...I was trying to update the sun to make it a little more realistic...and then now it looks like were minutes away from the end of the world haha.... hmmm.

More coming soon, any questions/ideas let me know, thanks for reading as always!

Nytician. Smiley
Phodex Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 01:51:28 PM »

Looking nice! I really like the UI. Looks modern and juicy.

Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 02:08:30 PM »

Hey thanks! 'Juicy'? Hah love it, yeah I wanted modern and just kind of chill look, relatively happy with it. Hoping to do a gameplay video at some point but will likely do it in a video log format so might wait till late 2020 the new year for that.

Thanks again.

Nyt.

EDIT: Just watching your devlog on home making in your Raidborn game Smiley.
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 10:20:04 AM »

Seems that you have good pace with development. Toast Left Details are not much seen in GIF but I like UI, it looks clean and simple.

Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 02:18:35 PM »

Thanks yeah not revealing too much at the moment as just want to get the basics relatively solid before doing video logs and more comprehensive dev logs on how the game works. Smiley
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 11:26:45 AM »

Ok as promised here is the first of the video logs for the game:

Hope its okay :D.

Thanks, Nyt.
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 01:10:22 PM »

Making Everstead Update 2 Now Out!

Update:

+New overhauled UI, now featuring a pine green look.
+Added - Campfires, Beds, Storage Crates, Fundametal Ore and the Waterfall.
+Fixed a variety of bugs to make the game actually playable.

Current updates are making progress to the completion of version 0.4 which I'm hoping will officially mark the Alpha release and the demo. Just need to finish polishing the menu systems and a few features such as junkpiles for getting rid of items and the stamina bar.

Likely another update video alongside a demo release on itch.io if you have any questions feel free to contact me, the itch link is below.

After the itch release I will begin working on version 0.5 which I'm hoping will flesh the game out a little to include hygiene and bathrooms needs. Electricity and Clouds + Rain and day tracking is planned too all going well. Not sure if I will update the demo much past 0.4 as the goal is then to work towards an updated early access release, how I am going to distribute that remains to be seen. Depends how many enjoy the demo I guess :D.

Thanks again!

Itch.io: https://eversteadgame.itch.io/release
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 11:03:04 PM »

Thanks for the update! Great choice on including squirrels, they definitely should be in more games.
Hit us with that hygene and bathroom needs Wink

Phodex Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »

I like the idea of those short and condensed Devlogs where you show the new stuff. Works pretty well I think. Also nice progress with the game.

Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 10:50:32 AM »

Hey thanks both!

-Alain: Yeah likely will be after the demo release that I'll add those two needs but definitely planned still! Thanks!

-Phoenix: Glad it worked I think its better really as people are busy understandably! Not long till a demo release I hope but not putting a date on it will likely just release alongside a future devlog. Thanks again!

Nyt.
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »

Evening all!

Don't have long to do a proper written update right now, but new video log is up, hopefully a bit fun to watch!

Take care all!

Nyt.
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 12:33:00 PM »

Good evening everyone!

After many, many hours of work I am really pleased to announce my first ever release of Everstead, the Alpha Demo!

I'm really excited to have something for people to try and would really appreciate it if you get a chance to check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

https://eversteadgame.itch.io/release

Phodex Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 12:38:04 PM »

Woah! That's super cool! I really hope I find some time to give it a try because currently, I am drowning in work for my own game. Usually, it's really interesting to play games that are still in development (I am not talking about the crap AAA publishers release today Cheesy).

Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »

Haha tell me about it, thanks for your comment! Yeah while I'm proud of it this is no AAA studio game hah, but hopefully will give a bit of fun for people and an idea of where the project is heading into the future.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic