Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411510 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:00:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignFood for Thought: The inclusion of Satan and Witchcraft 2019 cultural trendy ver
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Food for Thought: The inclusion of Satan and Witchcraft 2019 cultural trendy ver  (Read 3790 times)
Suttebun
« on: December 13, 2020, 11:39:44 AM »

save yourself from: "I already know that lore, you're not doing it good."

There, now make up your own villains. The best villains are those who the heroes care for.

-----------------------

≖‿≖ you're just making this because you're Christian

(¬‿¬) nuh uh

The inclusion of Satan and Witchcraft of 2020 earths zeitgeist view of it, and of that which humans have documented of the past leads you to a binding of ideas and terminology that is "TIED" to everyone elses use of it.

MEANING, you will be copying. You'll be stepping on things where others can be quick to say
"ooh, how scary. He's just doing this. It's scarier in.." XYZ

Like the open source'ness of Warhammer 40k leading to hundreds of meak competing clones.

Roll Eyes  love life. Explore it. See what you can find in your heart.
Sometimes the scariest things are right in front of us.

Sometimes you can find how to be real magical by putting on your thinking cap.

RIP to the old pixels, before things got evil and warped into Lil UZI and Paul Robertson's artistic choices to invite business and such things into what was a community. Noir *rains*

(not to mention J-market's obsession craft)

Let's keep it straight✝, and fight evil Gomez  SMB Mario  ZEL Link
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 07:40:09 AM by Suttebun » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 02:53:51 PM »

Suttebun
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 08:11:51 PM »

hahaha
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 07:40:54 AM by Suttebun » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 04:00:04 AM »

I don't even remember posting the south park here but I guess I did because it seems like something I might do. I *am* having a tough time parsing the way you talk about things but I'm trying to get better at it.

I see Satan as the guy who disagreed with God and got sent to hell for it. He's really easy to view in a sympathetic light with that narrative, (to play devil's advocate) Essentially he lost a game of musical chairs trying to put his throne above god. And that just seems petty: god is going to banish someone for all eternity because they put their chair in the wrong place? Small thing to do.

The redemption arc for Satan is to find a situation in which he wants to serve under some force of some kind that is part of this wacky poorly designed system we are all tangled up in. That he finds happiness being part of the machine. I'd like to think he'd fit in on Xanadu.

Suttebun
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 06:43:35 AM »

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 08:50:29 AM by Suttebun » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 01:53:51 PM »

Suttebun
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 08:24:22 PM »

also keep it outta music :^)
Pages: [1]
Print