Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:52:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDolus - 2D indie platformer about Grief
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Dolus - 2D indie platformer about Grief  (Read 6735 times)
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2021, 10:14:43 AM »

The ripples of your suffering can bend the reality around you !

We added a new effect when the player takes damages ! Smiley I am creating this shock wave effect via a shader. It took me a bit of time but it was worth it ! We will add more shaders like this in the future.

Should I make it a bit faster or go further ?

Follow the game development journey of Dolus !
Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2021, 12:58:56 AM »

This other-worldly monster won't miss any of your movement ! His gaze will follow you everywhere  !

Next time we will show you what it looks like when you hurt it !

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2021, 12:01:01 AM »

Run for your Life ! Life is a precious thing. Once lost, it can have a tremendous impact on your loved ones.

This giant jellyfish has some bloom on the tentacles and the electric sparks.
Do you think it's a good idea to change the color of the tentacles to red when you hit it ? Should I also change the color of the sparks on some specific actions made by the jellyfish or the player ?

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2021, 01:26:26 AM »

We had some big news in the last two weeks !
First of all we joined a French indieGame contest Smiley We really hope we will win ! Here is some short clips from the video presentation that we sent to LaGameCup contest :

We also revealed the composer that will work with us on Dolus.

You can check out the demo sound he made for the Denial level :
https://twitter.com/DolusTheGame/status/1405910676917215238

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2021, 07:13:54 AM »

Still think this looks really nice, sorry you're not getting more replies here! Good luck with the contest Grin

Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2021, 07:38:09 AM »

We listened to your feedbacks about the effect from the trap hitting the ground and improved it ! It's now shattering in pieces Smiley

You can also have a glimpse of a new column that will be part of the Denial level Shocked

Thanks Princessa ! The amount of comments it's not that important. Even if only you likes the game, I would already be very happy about it Smiley

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2021, 03:36:34 PM »

We are back from holidays ! Fresh and ready to work hard on the boss from the Denial level !

Do you recognize it from the artwork that we posted a while ago ?
All the patterns from the different attacks are now ready. We will show you in the coming weeks all the animations that we have for this boss.

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2021, 03:26:02 AM »

The Knight of Denial Idle Animation !

After facing the dark walls of the fortress of Denial, will you be able to defeat your biggest fear ? What is that fear ?  Your Own Emotions !

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
q1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2021, 09:08:19 AM »

really enjoying this devlog so far. i like how you're incorporating the themes of grief into the mechanics Smiley i'm surprised by how smooth and tight the controls look. love all the death animations for the enemies. just one thing: the reaper looks so small and powerless next to the player! is that intentional?
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2021, 01:51:27 AM »

Thank you so much Warmsundae ! For the reaper and the other monsters of the Denial level we wanted the player to feel weird around them. That's why they have such strange shapes.
The Denial level will be a tutorial level. In the following one, the Anger level, most of the enemies will feel and look way stronger  Angry

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2021, 07:36:04 AM »

The death of Death ☠️ The Reaper being reaped!

New animation for Dolus! The death of this Denial monster, the Reaper.
What do you think about this ? Let us know and we'll get your comments into consideration for further improvements.

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2021, 07:31:16 AM »

The first boss of Dolus ! This knight will prevent you from leaving the Denial level. You will have to break all the armor parts to unleash the emotions from your loss !

You can here have a glimpse of what raw emotions looks like. We now need to add lighting and an emission to the Knight for some blur effect ✨

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
thehorseman007
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2021, 10:25:36 AM »

Wow mate, just awesome, animations are too good, lighting is really very nice, just too good and can't express how I am feeling after watching all that stuff, read everything and watched every GIF haha, very nice. I can relate your game just awesome.

If you get time than please give a minute for my project too. I would love to know what you feel about my project because you are doing really good work.  Beer!

Smiley
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2021, 08:31:49 AM »

First Parallax test ! We will add more layers later on and tweak the speed a bit Smiley

Can you guess who made the placeholders ? Is it Thomas the artist or Antoine the MSPaint master ? ^^

Thank you Horseman ! I am glad you like the style of the art Smiley

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »

Nice art, animations and very interesting concept! Keep up the good work! Gentleman

baftis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2021, 03:23:42 PM »

Hey, Ratgibnak

This is some great work you guys do. Visuals are quite nice and the enemies are really cool, they stand out a lot. Hope they play as well as they look.

Against The Mountain - First Person Adventure/Platformer DevLog - https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=72358.0
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 09:13:26 AM »

Thank you so much guys ! It makes me very happy that you like the art style since for us it is the most important thing with the story Smiley
I hope I'll manage to make the gameplay feel as good  Concerned

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2021, 08:28:57 AM »

Camera following the player !

The goal is to be able to see above/below when you are on high grounds so you can anticipate traps and monsters.
And to keep the cam low when you are on the ground in order to not waste space with the bottom of the scene.

What do you think ? Is the cam moving too fast ? How do you do it in your own games ?

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2021, 01:27:29 PM »

Seems ok to me! It's not very visible from animation due to low-fps of gif but I guess you have some camera smoothing? So camera lags a bit behind the player and interpolate to player's position. It made a lot of difference in my project.

Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2021, 08:00:01 AM »

Thanks Vdapps, I also have some smoothing for the cam, it changes everything Smiley !

Last post before the Holiday season ! We just finished a new animation !

How impressive the explosion feels to you? We will add more particles in Unity after that, can’t wait to share these with you !

Insta
Twitter
Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic