Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1390782 Posts in 66796 Topics- by 59536 Members - Latest Member: boruok

April 16, 2021, 06:18:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs⚔️ RAIDBORN First person action-RPG with dynamic level generation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: ⚔️ RAIDBORN First person action-RPG with dynamic level generation  (Read 4839 times)
Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2021, 07:34:34 AM »

I have some exciting news to share. Raidborn is now on Steam and you can finally put it on your wishlist. This comes together with a completely revised Introduction Trailer, a new Announcement Trailer and new information about the game, features, plot, and more. If you always were curious about what Raidborn has to offer, now is the time to find out!

Raidborn is probably starting Early Access in late 2021, however, I won't make a finite statement yet. For more detailed info about Raidborn's early access just visit the Steam store page.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:01:10 AM by Phodex Games » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2021, 07:56:44 AM »

Congrats!
Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2021, 08:00:23 AM »

Congrats!

Thanks Smiley. It's a huge step for the game.

Alain
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2021, 09:18:44 AM »

That's great, congratulations! You put a lot of work into the store (and your game obviously) and I wish you a looot of wishlists Wink

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2021, 07:05:51 AM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. They show the player heading towards some goblins sitting at a campfire and a scene from an underground goblin town. What do you think about it?

Watching this earned you 200 Honor Crowns to spend in the Raidborn shop. To claim them click here!

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2021, 07:44:50 AM »

That's great, congratulations! You put a lot of work into the store (and your game obviously) and I wish you a looot of wishlists Wink

Thank you very much. We'll see how it goes. I try to take it easy Smiley

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2021, 07:28:13 AM »

Omg, what have I created? I died of laugher when I first saw this Cheesy. Something went wrong with the pet ragdoll setup that made this bug appear.

Watching this earned you 200 Honor Crowns to spend in the Raidborn shop. To claim them click here! Honor Crowns are a 100% free community-currency. Learn more about it here

Alain
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2021, 10:11:50 AM »

This looks better than any possessed animal I could ever animate!

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2021, 01:22:44 AM »

This looks better than any possessed animal I could ever animate!

Haha Cheesy yes, sometimes the things that just happen are better than what you ever could have created yourself.

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2021, 07:30:59 AM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. One shows a construction side inside a castle where something gets repaired. The other screenshot shows a tavern. What do you think about it?

Watching this earned you 200 Honor Crowns to spend in the Raidborn shop. To claim them click here! Honor Crowns are a 100% free community-currency. Learn more about it here

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2021, 07:34:23 AM »

A new Devlog is here! This time I will show you how I created a brand new set of trees, plants, and flowers, how I used them to create new better-looking collections for my level generation system, and how I applied different post effects, color grading, and lighting adjustments to ultimately supercharge the visuals of Raidborn.

Alain
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2021, 10:36:51 AM »

Good job on the post processing, it looks great! Also, I agree that increasing the size of your trees does a lot for the feel of your levels.

At first, I was unsure whether I liked that you now have individual leaves instead of polygonized tree crowns. But then I realized that it was only some of your old trees that had polygon crowns and you already had leaves on bushes and flowers. So looking at your footage I see that it is much more coherent now with the new trees. Did the new trees have an impact on performance?

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2021, 11:25:02 PM »

Good job on the post processing, it looks great! Also, I agree that increasing the size of your trees does a lot for the feel of your levels.

At first, I was unsure whether I liked that you now have individual leaves instead of polygonized tree crowns. But then I realized that it was only some of your old trees that had polygon crowns and you already had leaves on bushes and flowers. So looking at your footage I see that it is much more coherent now with the new trees. Did the new trees have an impact on performance?

I also think those polygonized trees look a bit bulky. I mean there is some more work to do that everything fits together. But I get to it. Regarding performance, not I think it's pretty minimal. In fact, I can use fewer trees now because I made them bigger. That may actually even save some performance, also because I can decrease view distance, as you don't see as far as before.

Alain
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2021, 03:33:46 AM »

In fact, I can use fewer trees now because I made them bigger. That may actually even save some performance, also because I can decrease view distance, as you don't see as far as before.

That's great, seems like you could kill two birds with one stone!

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2021, 07:27:05 AM »

Some brutal spike trap kills I recorded when a friend came over to play Raidborn. Of course, I exaggerated the kick force just for fun Smiley.This is so satisfying.

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2021, 07:34:56 AM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. They show a goblin blacksmith and some goblins relaxing at a campfire. What do you think about it?

Alain
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2021, 09:22:44 AM »

I like the world building in the second screenshot: I assume the size of these tusks give us a hint that mushrooms and dandilions are (or were) not the only giant inhabitants of this area ;)

vivaladav
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »

It's pretty amazing you're creating all this alone (at least that's what I got from reading your intro)!

Btw, is this going to be a F2P game?

Creating "Virtueror, the virtual conqueror" (RTS + 4x + RPG)

[TIGS devlog][YouTube devlog][website]
Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2021, 07:32:57 AM »

I know again, but I just really can't get enough of those spike traps :D. They are pure gold.

Phodex Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2021, 07:31:48 AM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. The first shows the player heading to a campfire at night, which I think looks really good. The second one shows a bandit town at sunset. What do you think about it?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic