Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:08:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[DELETED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [DELETED]  (Read 9775 times)
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2021, 11:39:52 PM »

This shows a loot mechanic I implemented. Nothing special, but I think it looks pretty cool. What do you think?
This is juicy! Maybe you could experiment with an explosion of smaller yellow particles right after the opening animation for maximum satisfaction Wink

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2021, 11:35:19 PM »

I see! I was wondering: will the tresure cross always be visible or only when you have found a certain map or something like that?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2021, 11:06:27 PM »

You can never go wrong with pets Smiley I'm curious: In case you keep them, can you say what mechanics you have planned for them? I think it is crucial that they are an actual support and the player is always happy they are around. For example, I decided the companion in my game to be invulnerable, following you around and debuffing enemies once in a while. I wonder how you are doing things on this front.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2021, 09:56:13 AM »

Nice, this sounds like a quite elaborate system already! Thanks for elaborating.

One thing that comes to my mind is that there are some people who get really attached to their pets. I would totally grind for super rare ingredients to revive my old wolf instead of getting a new one. But this is just me spitting my ideas your way to give you more work, I am sure it is totally fine if pets can die permanently.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 11:54:54 PM »

You know that they can die permanently is exactly the thing that attaches you to them. That way you really take care of them and it makes for some thrilling situations where your pet nearly died when you had no potion left or something. It may also force the player to decide if he is using the revive potion himself, or for the pet.

That is a really good point, I did not think about it this way. Consequences are definitely a good thing!

The most badass thing would be if you could go to a necromancer, who resurrects your dead pet, which then becomes an undead version of the old pet xD, but I will probably am not going to push it that far.

That would be awesome :D

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2021, 08:20:08 AM »

The throne room is great, nice mood and environmental storytelling!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2021, 10:21:04 AM »

Rope trap looks great, bet some fun emergent chaos can come from that!
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:37 PM »

Nice job on the harbor and the ball & chain trap! Do you plan to have hand crafted (non-procedural) dungeons with traps?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2021, 01:50:29 AM »

P.S.: I send you a message here on TIG, have you received it?

I totally missed it, because I never received one before, sorry! I'm reading it now.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »

Love the details of the underground herb farm in the first screenshot. Maybe you can add a few details to the ground here and there?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2021, 12:18:34 AM »

Hey Markus! This was a nice video, I always like when you talk about your personal experience with making the game. The issue of trying to balance marketing and dev work is something many of us struggle with, me included. As you say, it is very exhausting to make creative decisions all the time, not only with regards to the game but also marketing. To focus on dev work until you hit early access makes sense to me. Keep up the great work!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic