Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1390872 Posts in 66802 Topics- by 59539 Members - Latest Member: PatrickN

April 18, 2021, 09:33:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralitch.io and gamejolt alternative? indiexpo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: itch.io and gamejolt alternative? indiexpo  (Read 431 times)
Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2020, 07:56:15 AM »

Hi guys, recently I am using this platform to discover and download new games, indiexpo. Did you never use it?
It is very similar to itch and gamejolt, but it is for only free games and demos. No jams, no chat, no assets. Just games (to comment/follow/vote/etc). I like it also because it is transleted in a lot of languages very well (and I am not so good with english)

Few days ago they published a video "rewind" with the best games uploaded during the 2020. I played a lot of those games! Suggested!

Favourite GM Game
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 9

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 10:45:49 AM »

I've got a few games up over there  Gomez

https://www.indiexpo.net/en/users/Doomlaser

@doomlaser, mark johns
Ramos
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 08:14:18 AM »

If you give free games on indiexpo aka providing them content for their traffic, do you get any rev share or traffic boost where you have a full game version on sale?
What are the pros/cons in comparison with Itch.io and Gamejolt ?

Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 09:17:17 AM »

If you give free games on indiexpo aka providing them content for their traffic, do you get any rev share or traffic boost where you have a full game version on sale?
What are the pros/cons in comparison with Itch.io and Gamejolt ?

I post also a lot of images on instagram and it doesn't give me any rev share. But you can use it (like instagram or other socials) to increase your fan base, no? For example recently I played a demo of a game there and then I was looking for the full version on steam. It is just an idea. If they will give me money, I will be happy, sure XD. If anyone wants to give me money, I am happy XD

About pros/cons, I liked that there are only free games, the design (very clear and modern. I don't like so much the itch design. too confusing) and I like that it suggest me interesting games in homepage watching my activity. I like also gamejolt! I like its green pixelart design and they recently  are making good updates. I am not a PR. I uploaded my games also on kongregate few time ago! And I think that NG is still the best platform for web games.

I saw that they recently posted on the blog. I quote:

During the last year the website had a great boost. The reasons were probably two. The first one was a lot of players, all around the world, locked at home that were looking for free games to play. And the second one was big influencers in China that discovered and showed indiexpo on their channels.

So we thought "don't stop me now!"... and we updated the website with new features and fixed several bugs. We introduced Verified Accounts, the Share button, improved our home page and totally changed the Subscription Area.

As you can see, now you can visit the new Subscription Area to check for updates about the games you’re following. It’ll be like having your own, personal news feed!

But what are we planning for this new Year?

We were the first videogame website to also think about middle eastern countries, translating the website and changing its design so that it’s easier and faster to navigate - also by young developers and players from those countries. We want to continue to update and improve it during this year!

We are also going to work to create new automatic checks in order to prevent spambots and spam. The site’s design will be improved, we’ll add new details and animations, as well as new notifications about your progress on indiexpo!

What’s more, we’re also going to add a new area for developers and players, something totally new and never-before seen on websites like indiexpo! Stay tuned!

Continue to be a part of this community, watch the latest videos and follow the best game developers, all on indiexpo!

The subscriptions area like a news feed is a very good idea. Previously to check an update of a followed game, I have to find the game, to open the game page, to open the News area and then to see the update. Now I can see all the updates of all my followed game. Good move.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 09:43:31 AM by Devilkay » Logged

Favourite GM Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic