Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:24:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsA looter shooter along the lines of EFT and Hotline Miami.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A looter shooter along the lines of EFT and Hotline Miami.  (Read 1058 times)
George Hennen
Level 0

yeet

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2021, 04:59:49 PM »

I am looking for more people **(We have 4 total people so it's not a dead project don't worry)** to help collaborate on a multiplayer project. You will NOT need to know how to do multiplayer programming or even really need to know how to program in Godot as long as you are either willing to learn or have a different skill like art or music/sound.  The game is described as a hyper-action, 2D, pixel-shooter. This colorful game is as simple as an arcade classic but can be as challenging as your realistic shooter.  Enter into, Survive, and escape different maps alongside, or against, other players, AI, and the world itself.  The is the place for competitive play but it is also supposed to be a fun experience. A looter shooter along the lines of Escape from Tarkov mixed with the arcade chaos of Hotline Miami. If you have no idea about either of those games but still would like to collaborate on a project there is always room.

Programmers:
The requirements for programming is not high, as long as you have a willingness to learn and cooperate with others you will be fine BUT if you have proper experience in programming that's all the better. We are using Godot. You will be tasked with either taking up tasks like AI, inventory, or something else if you do not know how to do network programming and not willing to learn.

Artists:
All artists are welcome but we are going for a specific style when it comes to in-game assets. Some other things that would be able to be done besides that would be main menu assets or menu assets.  The look of the game is what has been attached (note that it is zoomed in a bit but that's still the style we are going for)
https://imgur.com/a/I0J6jIh

Musicians and Sound people:
We are looking for people who enjoy making music. Music of any genre you like because most music fits any game with the right setting (don't worry there will be more direction than that when it comes to making music). We are also looking for people who would like to make sound effects. The game is heavily inspired by hotline miami and escape from tarkov. The music and the sounds of escape from tarkov is what we are looking at but it still is an arcade game like hotline miami. The music would be focused towards the music down below but other types are welcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7MFXzOyqU&lis&ab_channel=ksherwoodops

All of these roles we will discuss further in a discord call, we use a discord server. I don't mind if you don't have a mic but it would help a lot. Regardless of having a mic or not, I'll be in a call to wanna talk to you and you can simply type if you are inclined.
https://discord.gg/WkSvrTWq9v

The pay, as I hope it would be obvious, is no pay, it's a collaborative project started by a few adults who wanted to make something with our experiences into a proper game that would end up making money. We are not inexperienced in what we do. If you are someone who is simply here to cause trouble you will be removed. We are using GitHub the website and GitHub desktop.  Our team we have a people who are experienced in programming already with ranges of 19-33 years old.

Sorry for any spelling errors.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic