Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:31:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioFeed Back for portfolio
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feed Back for portfolio  (Read 3910 times)
Rolando Gomez
Level 0

Silly Bach

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2021, 08:36:11 PM »

Hello all,

I am building a portfolio so I can showcase my work and start selling some assets soon. I would appreciate some feedback to help me either make touch-ups or keep things in mind for the future. By the way I used sounds from Earthbound in my tunes. Enjoy! Smiley

https://soundcloud.com/rolando-gomez-375589472

Rolando Gómez

[email protected]
msmagala
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 04:02:22 AM »

These are really cool! I especially like your use of percussion and some of the harmonies going on are really interesting. My favourite is Sleeping Palms!

Some feedback: Because there are lots of interesting things going on at once it can sound a little bit busy. If the overall vibe you're going for is otherworldly laid back soundscapes, I'd maybe allow for some more space by taking away an instrument here and there, or doing some extra panning and/or EQ to allow all the frequencies to blend together nicely.

Great work!

Hello! My name is Marek, and I'm Composer for Videogames. I have a passion for storytelling through games and music, and love to work on new and exciting projects. www.mjsmagala.com
Rolando Gomez
Level 0

Silly Bach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 06:27:35 PM »

These are really cool! I especially like your use of percussion and some of the harmonies going on are really interesting. My favourite is Sleeping Palms!

Some feedback: Because there are lots of interesting things going on at once it can sound a little bit busy. If the overall vibe you're going for is otherworldly laid back soundscapes, I'd maybe allow for some more space by taking away an instrument here and there, or doing some extra panning and/or EQ to allow all the frequencies to blend together nicely.

Great work!

Thank you for the feedback! I noticed working on my pieces that less is more, and I should definitely experiment more with panning. I've checked out your music before, I believe I came across your space adventures sound pack, and it sounds very impressive. Much luck with your business this new year.

Best,
Roly

Rolando Gómez

[email protected]
msmagala
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:38:17 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to listen, it's really appreciated  Smiley

All the best to you as well!

Hello! My name is Marek, and I'm Composer for Videogames. I have a passion for storytelling through games and music, and love to work on new and exciting projects. www.mjsmagala.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic