Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:39:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDewLog - Draw (Top Down, pixels)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DewLog - Draw (Top Down, pixels)  (Read 489 times)
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:21:00 PM »

Hello world! (By the way those were my first words that I code in C# around 2 years ago)

Without prior programing experience or IT education, as a simple Civil Engineer I've started to code and play with Unity nearly 2 years ago.
It is my great hobby, that actually keeping me awake at late hours and giving me a lot of joy.
After doing everyday fulltime job & playing with kids I manage to get couple of hours everynight to code and pixel a bit. I wanted to share with this comunity what I manage to do so far.

I have some movies on my Youtube chanel if you interested about progress (

)

Currently the tile of a game is Draw:

I am planning to make it a action game, dunegon crawler, top-down view with pixel arts.
The idea is that Player will havea chance to increase levels while getting more experience and invest it new skills - simple like most games Smiley

Fighting method is with mele weapon and by throwing bouncing balls. Currently I have some basic logic for Random map geretation, neccessary animations for player logic for enemiwes, attacks, throwing balls, collecting chests etc.
At the moment I am working to improve UI logic and very soon I will try to add some Sound SFX and music to give this game more juce.

I would like to add some screenshots in here but unfortunately I cannot for some reason (or maybe I just doing it wrong).

Cheers!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 01:35:17 AM »

Good job!
And your logo animation is beautiful

To post pics write

(img)link for png(/img)

and replace all ( with [
Also, the link must be with PNG or JPG termination
You also got a button that will insert the BBcode

good luck

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 09:20:49 PM »

Thanks for an advice.

Lets try it here, I have been actually working recently to reconstruct a bit UI  in this game so maybe it is a good opportunity to show some update.

I have change a position of soem of the UI elements:

1. Skill panel is in central bottom position.
2. Weapon ikons are now on the left.
3. I've Slightly changed size of the experience bar and moved ikon for Coins to the far left/down corner.
4. Artefact windows stays without change, but it will be animated from a different position.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic