Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:43:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSigil of the Magi (Turn-based tactics + Deckbuilding) Demo available!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sigil of the Magi (Turn-based tactics + Deckbuilding) Demo available!  (Read 1054 times)
Yong
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2021, 07:08:52 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm currently making a game titled Sigil of the Magi. It combines roguelike deck-building with turn-based tactics combat.

The deckbuilding aspect is obviously inspired by Slay the Spire while the turn-based tactics side has a multitude of influences from years of playing tactics games, from the old-school (Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre) to the more recent (Into the Breach, Banner Saga)

DEMO on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1781960/Sigil_of_the_Magi/

You control a party of three champions and traverse through procedurally generated maps, encountering battles and events along the way. Every encounter offers an opportunity to build up your deck of cards - which are essentially skills unique to each champion. Every champion has their own unique pool of cards and can only play a card that is theirs. By working together a party can pull off powerful combos that would not have been possible to achieve with just one champion.

There is also a card storage system during battle. Storing your cards on the card rack reserves them for use on future turns. I intend for this as a way to mitigate bad RNG when you're dealt a terrible hand. Plan ahead to weasel out of tricky situations.

The game is very much still under development so everything you see is potentially subject to change. Try out the demo on Steam and let me know what you think Wink

You can also find me on -
Discord
Twitter
Instagram

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 07:37:37 AM by Yong » Logged

Yong
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 11:38:52 PM »

Finally got a Steam page out after so long!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1781960/Sigil_of_the_Magi/

Check out the trailer on the Steam page. Wishlist obviously helps out a ton so please consider doing so if you like what you see.

Yong
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 07:36:46 AM »

NEW DEMO release on Steam!

The game has had a major update. There are key changes to the fundamental gameplay of the game. For instance, your units can now move freely (move a tile, stop, and move again) so long as their movement range has not been completely depleted (total of 3 tiles). Previously you could only move them once a turn no matter the distance travelled.

Another major addition are environmental effects. There are now environmental elements on the battlefield that can have a big impact on your battles if you utilize them well.

The bush for instance will grant 4 armor to any unit occupying its tile at the end of turn. The puddle meanwhile, will inflict the VULNERABLE status effect upon any unit that lands on its tile, so be careful! Or you could just lure an enemy to it and take advantage of its effect.

Try out the new demo and let me know what you think!

Yong
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 05:55:29 AM »

Just released yet another major update for Steam's Nextfest!

Changes:
- The 2nd map is now available to explore. With novel enemies sporting powerful abilities, this world will force you to adapt and try out new tactics you hadn’t considered before.

- After all the feedback I've received thus far, I've decided to change the starting deck. All Champions now start with one new card that lean into their individual strengths. Hopefully this will make the champions stand apart from one another right from the get-go.

- Finally, I've implemented boons to add variety to each run and spice things up.

Try out the demo on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1781960/Sigil_of_the_Magi/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic