Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:13:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingProject Mordaro - top down action adventure game with aliens.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project Mordaro - top down action adventure game with aliens.  (Read 1266 times)
Tcrakman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2021, 11:48:34 AM »

Hi.
A few days ago i put up on itchio an alpha demo of my game.
Its a top down action adventure game where you play with 4 different alien characters to solve puzzles and fight against machines.

Its playable with a Controller (recommended), a Keyboard or an experimental Mouse/keyboard combination (You can turn on the mouse/kb controls on the pause screen).

Video:

Itchio page download:
https://tcrakman.itch.io/project-mordaro?password=mordaro

A Discord i made to gather feedback and talk about the game:
https://discord.gg/D6R868FfRc

Twitter where i keep a devlog for Mordaro:
https://twitter.com/Tcrakman

Here´s a few things which im working on for future updates:
-GUI, text is placeholder.
-Depth issues will be addressed in future iterations.
-Missing animations for characters and enemies as well as some unpolished sprites.
-Lots of sound effects, music to add.

Feedback im looking for:
Is the game too hard to understand? are there specific parts you have trouble with? hard enemies or difficulty spikes?
Also, did you experience performance issues while playing generally or only in specific zones?
Did you found any bugs, crashes?

Thank you for looking!
If you have any issues downloading the game please let me know.

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 09:29:02 AM »

Hi Tcrakman,

I played your game.  I tried recording it, but my recording got corrupted.  So I will just write out my thoughts.

Good things:
- The game is beautiful!  The art, the animation, the little bits of polish.  All of it is awesome
- The combat feels really good.  It's fast and fluid
- You have a good mix of enemies that feel different.  When combined in a fight they give a good challenge
- You did a great job with the platforming.  It's easy to see where I'm going to land

Things to work on:
- I wish I could have talked to the characters in the village area
- There were a few times where I couldn't tell if a part of the level was a wall or a pit.  It was rare
- This game is begging to be a metroidvania.  I don't know what your level design plans are, but I think it would be really nice if there was exploration and thoughtful back-tracking

Overall it's awesome!  This is the type of game I would buy, so I will defiantly keep my eye on your work.
Tcrakman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 06:59:14 PM »

Thank you very much jbarrios for playing and for your feedback!

Im really glad to hear about the things you like in the game.
Combat and platforming being the mechanics i´ve been working on the most. So its really nice to hear good things about it!
There´s still stuff to fix tweak but pretty much the basics are done.

About the things to work on:

-Yes, there would be lots of characters to talk! the idea is (which will be included in the next demo iterations) that once you rescue aliens in the dungeons they will start appearing in the town and you can talk to them.
This rescuing feature will only appear in the demo though, the full game will involve sidequests, minigames, etc so once you complete them, the aliens will grant you their powers in return.

-About the pit and wall confusion, im working on having gradients for pits which i think would better differentiate them from walls, which would not have gradients.

-As a matter of fact the full game will have strong metroidvania elements! (non tedious backtracking, new abilities to open new areas, upgrading powers etc).
As well as the player choice to select which part of the world the player wants to explore first, taking heavy inspiration from what Zelda Breath of the Wild did with its amazing non-linear progression.

An example would be certain types of hazards or paths blocked that not force you to only use one solution or ability to open them, but if you think carefully, you can
open or traverse them using another ability.
A better example would be like a lake which you can cross to the other side once you acquire a flying character, you can do it that way or...you can summon a character
that freezes the water and makes a safe passage to travel too!

Thank you again for playing the demo, if everything goes well i´ll be having a more polished demo in these next months.
I´ll be sharing updates here and on twitter as well!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic