Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:00:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLonefarm - Relax and manage your peaceful farm in the middle of South Pacific
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lonefarm - Relax and manage your peaceful farm in the middle of South Pacific  (Read 2117 times)
novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2021, 05:06:26 PM »

DESCRIPTION
If you could just… close your eyes for a moment, breathe and open them again to realize that you’re in a different place… A place where the air is fresh and the sky is blue, a serene getaway free of the complexities of day-to-day social interaction, where your responsibilities are as simple as “eat”, “water the crops”, “go for a drive”. More than anything, a place that you can call your own.

This is Lonefarm.

In this fully immersive escape from anxiety, you take control of a farm on a small island in the middle of the South Pacific. Tend to your crops, feed your stock, prepare your meals, decorate the farm, or take a peaceful ride on your vintage Van Wagon through the seaside highway to explore the natural paradise surrounding your farm! Take advantage of the trip to transport the vegetables and sell them to the townspeople. Lonefarm is truly yours, so take it all in at your own pace.

Lonefarm is a first-person, farm life simulator with light survival and narrative elements. The goal in LoneFarm is to experience a place that can feel like a home away from home.

Drive your van to delivery vegetables and explore the island!

Harvest crops on your little island on Lonefarm!

You can decorate your cabin!

Explore the island on Lonefarm!

Your floating farm!

Some furniture

Your beautifull Van!

FEATURES

• There’s an assortment of crops and livestock that you can tend to!
  • Use your produce for cooking new recipes or sell it at the local market!
  • Unlock and discover new furniture items to decorate your fully customizable cabin!
  • Explore the wild areas of the island to discover new seeds or venture into the island’s town and observe the lives of interesting locals!
  • Drive freely through the island in first-person and monitor your van wagon’s upkeep: fuel levels, energy, and tear will make the difference from getting back home safe before midnight or getting stuck in the middle of the highway and having to spend a chilly night outside!
  • Days go by in real-time in Lonefarm with a day/night cycle that lets you experience different weather, special events, and the progress of your own crops in a realistic manner.
  • Discover the secret history of the island, its residents and your own past!
  • Look for beautiful and relaxing views across the island in which you can sit for a while, read the newspaper and think about your life!

INSPIRATION

I love games where you can find secrets and collect things, as well as interact with devices. Push buttons, open valves, open and close doors, etc. Lonefarm is a representation of this personal taste. In addition, many games have inspired this development, such as: My Summer Car, Gone Home, Stardew Valley and Firewatch.

ABOUT THIS DEVLOG

I will share updates and progress throughout development with all of you and would love to hear from the community.

I plan to post here at least once a week. Also share screenshots and previews of new features and advances.

This will be quite a challenge because for now I am developing Lonefarm by myself. But it will be great to see what they think about my project.

MORE INFO

Watch a little gameplay video on Youtube

If you're interested in Lonefarm, here are some other channels to stay up-to-date:

Hand Point Right Discord| Hand Point Right Facebook| Hand Point Right Twitter| Hand Point Right Instagram| Hand Point Right Steam

I am very excited to know what questions you have and what recommendations you could give me

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:36:12 PM by novemtails » Logged

Solo game developer working on Lonefarm. Slave to 9-1 cats. Follow me on Twitter @novemtails
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 02:38:19 AM »

Wow, this already looks quite playable! And I'm a sucker for these low-poly graphics styles. Keep us posted, please.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
RealScaniX
Level 6

Scanix (ignore the "Real", Scanix was taken)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 03:07:04 AM »

Hey, that looks awesome! Would love to waste some hours in a game like this. Smiley

And I was totally expecting your chairs to be gone after arriving back at the farm. Those loud crashing sounds while driving didn't even irritate the driver. ^^

novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 09:48:13 AM »

Wow, this already looks quite playable! And I'm a sucker for these low-poly graphics styles. Keep us posted, please.

Sure, I will try to share progress at least once a week

Solo game developer working on Lonefarm. Slave to 9-1 cats. Follow me on Twitter @novemtails
novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 09:49:41 AM »

Hey, that looks awesome! Would love to waste some hours in a game like this. Smiley

And I was totally expecting your chairs to be gone after arriving back at the farm. Those loud crashing sounds while driving didn't even irritate the driver. ^^

Good that you like it. Lonefarm is full of little details that make things more interactive. It is something that I have worked a lot on the project

novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 07:18:25 PM »

Hi, I'm here with a new update for this devlog.

One of the important features of Lonefarm is driving. So in this post, I’ll tell you a little bit about the car you can drive.

VOLKSWAGEN BUS PICKUP 1966

Also known as Transporter, Kombi or Microbus it was one of the precursors of cargo vehicles.

I decided to create a vehicle for Lonefarm inspired by this beautiful bus because I love the shape and versatility. It was also iconic in the 1960s. Today there are huge communities of restoration and customization of these vehicles.

At Lonefarm you can drive this vehicle. The idea is that you carry everything you harvest and you can also transport furniture for the cabin.

CURRENT STATE OF DEVELOPMENT

For now the driving feature is almost complete, among the current features are:

• Starting the bus
  • Driving (Movement with the steering wheel, acceleration and braking)
  • Turning on interior light and headlights
  • Radio (almost finished)
  • Open and close doors and windows
  • Movement of hands on the steering wheel
  • Collision system against objects (the part that is touched is deformed)
  • Storage and loading of objects in the rear.

In the future I plan to create a complete restoration system, in which the following features will be found:

• Paint the bus in different colors
  • Replace damaged parts
  • Change tires
  • Improve seats, radio and accessories

I also plan to create a statistics system for fuel, battery and water consumption. He thought very deeply about integrating an engine maintenance system, but the reality is that I don’t know mechanics and I don’t know if I can do it in the best way, so I’ll keep thinking about it.

Thank you for reading.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 08:01:32 PM by novemtails » Logged

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 01:01:33 AM »

I love the concept of your game and that you chose the VW bus. I drove the T3 model during my one year of community service after school. I worked for the forestry office and drove around this green beauty in the forests and fields, cleaned up trash, repaired things adolescents had destroyed on the weekends or just helped out the foresters. The bus was a trusty companion until the clutch broke and the office decided it was beyond repair. Funnily, I can't even remember the brand or model of the car that I drove after that T3. And I must say, that the T3 is ugly in comparison to the T1 in your game Wink

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 02:38:30 AM »

The car fits perfectly into the calm game world.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 09:46:49 AM »

I love the concept of your game and that you chose the VW bus. I drove the T3 model during my one year of community service after school. I worked for the forestry office and drove around this green beauty in the forests and fields, cleaned up trash, repaired things adolescents had destroyed on the weekends or just helped out the foresters. The bus was a trusty companion until the clutch broke and the office decided it was beyond repair. Funnily, I can't even remember the brand or model of the car that I drove after that T3. And I must say, that the T3 is ugly in comparison to the T1 in your game Wink

I think VW cars from the 60s and 70s were really nice and practical. Personally, I really like T1. By the way, what you say about your work at the forestry office is very interesting

novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 09:47:57 AM »

The car fits perfectly into the calm game world.

The idea was to find a car that was beautiful and that made sense to use it to transport goods.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 11:27:37 PM »

I think VW cars from the 60s and 70s were really nice and practical. Personally, I really like T1. By the way, what you say about your work at the forestry office is very interesting

I agree, these cars are beautiful. Actually, I might be romaticizing my time at the forestry office a bit. I also remember a lot of cursing and freezing during dark winter mornings and some of the work was quite repetitive. But I collected some fun stories and was able to work outside and with my hands for a year. Maybe I can relive some of that when playing Lonefarm Wink

novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 11:53:22 AM »

I hope when the game is over you can enjoy it

novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 11:49:11 PM »

Hello

A free demo is now available that you can download by joining the official Lonefarm server.

Enter from here: https://lone.farm/discord

The demo is a very early version of the game so you are sure to find many bugs and some of the game features are not available yet or are incomplete. You can still do different things like drive, harvest and walk around the island.

Every 2 weeks I will update the demo with new features and resolve bugs. The demo will be free until early access is available on Steam.

I hope you enjoy it.

mentor93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 01:29:50 AM »

When I read "floating farm" my first thought was this (Castle in the sky by Studio Ghibli):
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092067/

This one seems like a cool, relaxing game. Gives me some Harvest Moon / Stardew Valley chills. I'll be sure to check the demo out later today! And good luck!

EDIT:
I played a little and I think the game has some potential! I would change controls to more responsive (personally I prefer my character moving for only as long as I press a key and now he can still walk one step after releasing a key) and also would work on vehicle controls (as now the van turns too heavily when I hold a key for a little longer than half a second). And also while in the van it would be cool to have the possibility to turn your head, so that you could see what's behind you.

The map requires some landmarks as I lacked anything to help me orientate and navigate in terrain and I could quickly get lost. I think that one small town would be enough, like a base where you could buy seeds and other stuff, sell your crops etc. That plus a few other NPC-controlled farms here and there and the island wouldn't need much more for a fun gameplay.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 10:04:12 AM by mentor93 » Logged
novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2021, 11:36:17 PM »

Thank you very much for playing the demo. Without a doubt, the control of the character and the driving of the van are a priority that I have to fix. I also need to add signs along the road. Now there is a town and some shops, but I still need to fix some bugs and add more content. What you played is a near alpha version of Lonefarm. Thanks for your feedback.

mentor93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2021, 07:45:13 AM »

I hope to play a new version of the demo soon Wink

By the way, when it was 8 am in-game the sky was still dark. Was that some bug or you just have yet to work on day/night cycle?
novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2021, 09:57:12 PM »

I have already adjusted the day and night system to be correct the time of dawn and dusk, thanks for noticing

novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2021, 10:31:47 PM »

Hello

A new version of free demo is now available that you can download by joining the official Lonefarm server.

Enter from here: https://lone.farm/discord

I have fixed bugs like:
  • Collisions of objects and constructions
  • Van stering wheel sensitivity
  • Now you can go to sleep and start a new day
  • All the furniture in the cabin are now interactive and you can rearrange them
  • In addition to other errors

I hope you enjoy it!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 10:54:01 PM by novemtails » Logged

novemtails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2022, 10:14:09 AM »

Hey folks, I have news from Lonefarm.

This last one I was working on bug fixes and some new features.
These features will be part of the early access that will be available in October.

I'm sharing with you a couple of gifs where you can see the new handling system and a little save game mechanic.

Remember that you can learn more about the project on the steam page HERE

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 10:34:34 AM by novemtails » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic