Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:31:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSquare Pong - an unpretentious arcade game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Square Pong - an unpretentious arcade game  (Read 832 times)
ddiegox
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2021, 01:03:17 PM »

Hi everyone. This is the first video game I've ever developed. It is meant to be a unpretentious, simple, fast-paced arcade game. I spent a maximum of 30 hours thinking about the project and developing the game.
Anyway please be honest.

The game I developed is an arcade game, inspired by the minigame "Crash Ball" from the party game "Crash Bash", released in 2000 for playstation.
The player challenges 3 other computer-controlled players in a square field, with many balls entering the field and colliding with each other.
In standard mode the last one who remains with at least 1 point wins, otherwise in survival mode you have to stay in the field for as long as possible, trying to block some special balls that give you some extra points.

Let me know what you think of this game.

https://ddiegox.itch.io/square-pong

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 02:55:07 PM »

I like the idea, seems fun, especially if I imagine it with real players! I think the balls might be too fast considering the fact that there's more than 1, but otherwise it seems like a pretty solid base that you can build on. Smiley
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 10:50:14 AM »

Hey ddiegox,

I had a 10 minute break that I used to play and I ended up coming back later because it was fun.

It's a simple idea and it's well executed.

A few things to consider:
- It didn't hold my attention for too long.  If you're going to keep working on this game you may think about adding new content to keep it interesting.

- I know the pong paddles are flat but I like it when you can use the edges of the paddles to hit the ball at a sharp angle.  It's a risky move that makes the ball harder to hit.  I think it makes the game a bit more interesting

You did a great job.  An excellent job considering it's your first game!  I look forward to what you make next.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic