Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:42:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBeing Organized?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Being Organized?  (Read 2124 times)
Posho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2021, 07:30:58 PM »

Just like most of you, I am a content creator. I have made my fair share of games, applications, websites, videos, art, music and comics for over a decade. I am trying to be organized after years of just cluttering stuff wherever and it's proving to be a pain in the Shocked.

There are a gazillion ways of sorting your stuff and there is no "correct" way of doing it. So, tell me, how are you organizing your stuff right now? Droop

My way of doing it right now looks more or less like this:

Developer & Cartoonist
[Twitter]
gamedeveloper0
Level 0

You Have To Live it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 01:41:29 AM »

There are a gazillion ways of sorting your stuff and there is no "correct" way of doing it.

Well there are might be no correct way, but some way must be better than others, depending on the person. I Usually sort my projects this way :-

Year -> Project Category -> Project (All assets + releases + backups)

(oOo)
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 05:48:08 AM »

One issue I have with high level organization is that once I create a list like the one you mention I often feel less motivation to complete the tasks because they are all figured out, I just have to do them like chores. However I do keep a wiki on my site with a lot of structure about what I'm working on. Also I've started using the github task list section for some stuff too.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic