Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:16:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfolios[For Hire] Experienced Programmer/Dev Looking for Work
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [For Hire] Experienced Programmer/Dev Looking for Work  (Read 645 times)
davebertaud
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2021, 11:26:25 PM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Dave, and I'm here to help you code your game. I've been programming for over 10 years (C, Python, Java) and using Game Maker for almost 9 years. I can handle nearly any aspect regarding 2D game development and I've worked on several projects over the years. Below are samples of what I can do.

What I Do:
  • Virtually any kind of 2D game, be it...
  • Platformers
  • Top-Down Games
  • RPG's
  • Fighting Games
  • etc...

Other (Technical) Stuff I Do:
  • UI / Navigation
  • Systems Programming (Saving / Loading Files or Data)
  • Gameplay Programming (Mechanics)

What I Don't Do:
  • Networking / Online Multiplayer
  • Mobile Games

Below is a brief portfolio. With the exception of 1 example, all art & animation was done by me.

Standard 2D Platformer Mechanics:
- Implementation of common 2D platformer mechanics (running, jumping, object collisions, etc...).
- Animations and state transitions.
- Moving platforms, one-way platforms, and other platformer tropes.

Dynamic Camera System:
- Showcases ability to create a smooth camera system that can focus on one or any number of objects at a time.

Pathfinding & Enemy A.I.
- Modular approach to pathfinding and A.I. Instructions can vary depending on the stage of the alert sequence.
- The enemy in this example will relocate to programmed vantage point before shooting at you (instead of just chasing you forever), just like Metal Gear Solid!
- Unlike the rest of the examples here, the art assets were not made by me (obviously). They're borrowed from Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel (great game, btw!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5SoIyXPAro&list=PLmSKZ2VXUPYhEGSfYJeoOfJi0qmJFCt4b&index=3

Dialogue Box, Events & Choices
- An example of a dialogue branching system.
- Choices impact responses and can trigger events.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMDstKmhSXQ&list=PLmSKZ2VXUPYhEGSfYJeoOfJi0qmJFCt4b&index=4

Menu Navigation / UI Example
- A quick (and very simple) example of my design ethos regarding UI. The system can be as simple or complex and ornate as you may require.
- However, I'm always striving for clear and intuitive design.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBIoGcWklRY&list=PLmSKZ2VXUPYhEGSfYJeoOfJi0qmJFCt4b&index=5

Things you should know:
I strive to deliver high quality work and professionalism is quite important to me. I'm a very cooperative person and I appreciate a good line of communication between myself and my teammates. I also try to remain as free as possible should you need to reach me for whatever reason.

Regarding Payment:
My prices are reasonably low and I do my best to work with people's budgets (as I know what it's like to be a struggling indie). For further questions regarding this or anything else, feel free to contact me and I will reply as swiftly as I can.

Contact Info:
Email: [email protected]
Discord: dbertaud#8640

Thank you for reading this and have a wonderful day!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:46:25 AM by davebertaud » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic