Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1388765 Posts in 66639 Topics- by 59315 Members - Latest Member: VisionaryGames

March 06, 2021, 02:56:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs Inversed Tower Defence Game- Polar Battle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Inversed Tower Defence Game- Polar Battle  (Read 211 times)
LazerRock
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2021, 12:57:06 AM »

So I've recently started a new little project. It's basically a tower defense, but you play as the attacker and not the defender (like that mode in PvZ where you play as the zombies). There's also a randomly-generated world map where you select levels, but I'm not 100% sure where I want to go with that. The levels themselves are also randomly generated.
You play as snowmen and the enemy are sort of monster variants of polar animals. So far there are 3 snowmen and 4 enemies. Balancing them is proving to be quite difficult.

You need snow to buy snowman, and you get snow by attacking the snow mounds (those big snowballs in the enemy zone). You can only place snowmen behind the red line.
You win when you have reached the end of each lane (killing all the enemies, basically).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:12:37 AM by LazerRock » Logged
LazerRock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 06:21:19 AM »

Progress Update:
So I've got a main game-loop in place. Basically, you start off with 4 snowmen to choose from, and each time you complete a level a new random snowman gets added to your selection. When you start a level, you may only bring 4 snowmen with you. There is a system for "special" levels, and I'm thinking that these give you better snowmen, or something along those lines.
Also changed some textures and did a lot of back-end stuff (fixed map generation, level generation, animations, etc...). Also added a main menu, spruced up the UI, and added sound!
Also, the level generation is a lot more controlled now. It's still random, of course, but I can influence what kind of setup the enemy positioning has (for example, tanks will generally be in front and shooters behind).

LazerRock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 08:12:10 AM »

Progress Update:
So I got a fair bit done this week. I added an almanac of snowmen, fixed some bugs, and added a whole lot more snowmen and enemies

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic