Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 12:10:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBreachway - Space combat card game inspired by FTL and Slay the Spire
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Breachway - Space combat card game inspired by FTL and Slay the Spire  (Read 3046 times)
Riv_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2022, 01:54:40 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Alain and logophil! It's true, there's nothing wrong with the old style, this is just some tests we are currently running, we're not 100% set on this yet, still some more to play around with.

We have also started advancing on the look and design of the meta-map , there's still a lot to do, but it's starting to look like something

Riv_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2022, 10:42:25 AM »

Hey there, we have a new Devlog up on our website, talking about the creative process and inspiration when composing music for our game.

Check it out at: https://www.projectwarlike.com/post/devlog-6-music

Also, here are some sample tracks, if you guys want to take a listen

Starmap music

Combat test 1

Combat test 2

As usual ,any opinions and suggestions are very welcome

Cheers

Riv_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2022, 08:28:50 AM »

Hey there!

Another Devlog is out on our website, covering the last two weeks of development.
Looking back at it, it's been a pretty packed 2 weeks, we did some more stylized shader testing, we have our first character art for narrative events and updated narrative event UI.
You can check the whole thing out at https://www.projectwarlike.com/post/devlog-7-narrative-events-shader-tests-and-images-galore

Here's the TLDR version:
New shader update

Pirate captain character art

Narrative event and UI window video is on our website
thanks for your continued interest, cheers!  Beer!

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2022, 09:43:36 AM »

Very interesting project, I have to give it a go. Visually I actually liked the old shader more, but the stylised one sure fits better with the portrait.

Have you found a solution for the IK-problem you mentioned earlier? I happened to find FinalIK on sale long ago, and I’ve been using it for several purposes since. Besides being a very versatile tool, it is also a funny toy that tends to give lots of new ideas. Though it is still an overkill for my purposes and I probably wouldn’t have paid the full price, I can recommend it.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Riv_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2022, 11:00:47 PM »

Hey mobilelast, glad you find the project interesting , small things like these always help with morale
As for the IK solution, i took a gander at FinalIK and it seems promising, we just didn't get to animate the hangar's arms with IK yet, there's always other more important (and less fun) things to do, hope we'll get to it soon

Riv_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2022, 04:53:20 AM »

Update on the Narrative UI switching between characters , small update , but still cool :D

Riv_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2022, 11:33:53 PM »

Hi everyone

Wrote up another devlog on our website, that you can find it at https://www.projectwarlike.com/post/devlog-8-laser-burns-planets-and-keywords

In it i present in more detail what we worked on in the last two weeks, but the TLDR of it is:

Added in-game narrative events and choices

New character art:

Started playing around with damage decals

And there's more, but you'll have to read the devlog for that :D

Cheers  Beer!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:12:57 AM by Riv_ » Logged

Riv_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2022, 01:36:08 AM »

Hey everyone, been a while since i posted anything.

Mostly it's because the build of the game i've been.... building up to wasn't as good as i had hoped, so i stuck my head down and just worked on adding the missing features to the game that would improve it.

you can read about that and more in the latest devlog i've written:
https://www.breachwaygame.com/post/devlog-9-status-update

The short of it is that i feel like development is finally back on the right track, and we're going to have a (hopefully) strong demo out in the next couple of months, showing what we've been working on
Oh and we also have a final name and logo now, so that's also nice, means i can finally get a steam page up soon.

That's it for now, i really hope i can be more consistent with my devlogs going forward

Thanks for reading

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2022, 12:20:27 AM »

Awesome, the game is looking better and better, love the hangar Smiley Keep up the great work!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic