Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:37:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEXODUS - A New Age Dawns
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EXODUS - A New Age Dawns  (Read 922 times)
Volturna
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2021, 04:49:08 AM »

Hello everyone, I am new to these parts and I would like to present a project that I have been working on for a few months. In fact, it's a project that started and stopped a few years ago and I recently decided to convert it to C # using UNITY. I got significant improvements especially in graphics!

This game is an RPG in space, but instead of focusing on the development of one or more characters, the main focus is the ship and its AI.

This game is essentially inspired by Homeworld, but instead of controlling a fleet, we will control only one ship in the 3rd person. Inspired by Minecraft in ship building mode and Theme Hospital when in ship compartmentation and crew management mode.

I already have some works produced, but instead of posting everything at once, I'll add screenshots and videos, explaining the mechanics of the game.

I start with the logo just to set the mood:

Here is a link to see the edition of NODEs in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPFZHFbwSjU&feature=youtu.be

And a close up screenshot:
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/ABFVIncNJtLDCcQgyLEKiu_-wToSMkuqLBlpsbmVoGDpylUDQ2Vny8DrRbfKoXtwHZC8NJOmrRcceyV5krTvvrBnsA2_s3Yp-hI5NB5Gp44k30SqhQwTI-_EP7y9FhwYGCAJR9yHz6FS4SJKdQ1f_pYwWI84fsvDnpCh1jNqoxIJlSdGep89LF6WDk-SzccyUJgSTbwGdhG5y13pU_DKCj7umIwTHTYLK1aSnY95_IaZ1AzMXDu-F0L1lJqckee0HKowHNVxqm5c9RHbUNJcHh8Ijx_LjrfSGLtWrrXJkLrg-15vFOQyI5H0U4sQTTZbwqsraGilF0DQulNx2y5QlMnJGmXJqL6SguWgVz4GbJYMfw/p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Note that there is an editing tool that allows you to mirror what is being built to create symmetries and save time. Also note that in this video camera is a mess  Grin

Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:43:43 PM by Volturna » Logged
Volturna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 01:57:19 AM »

As previously shown, NODEs allow building the ship's structure through blocks, but there are other types of components called MODULES that can be fixed to NODEs, providing the vessel with new capabilities or improving existing ones.

Currently, there are the following types of MODULES:

• Command center;
  • Exhausts and Thrusters;
  • Communications;
  • Containers;
  • Hangars;
  • Shields;
  • Cannons;
  • Turrets;
  • Silos.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:46:31 AM by Volturna » Logged
Volturna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 02:01:52 AM »

MODULE - COMMAND CENTER

The Command Center (CC) is used to control some aspects of the ship: Navigation, War Drones, Weapons Control and some more (not yet defined).

This type of structure will provide 'Command Points' and 'War Points' that can be spent the increase the size of the ship or improve its arsenal.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic