Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: atQor

April 18, 2024, 05:18:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTyping Game Beta/Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Typing Game Beta/Demo  (Read 962 times)
EnderPearlMC
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2021, 06:31:26 AM »

Hi,
I've been working on a typing game.
There might few bugs since it's a beta version but I hope you'll still like it.
Thanks for trying it, feedbacks would be really appreciated!  Smiley

- Relaxing atmosphere to get better at typing everyday,
- +60 levels (will add more in the future)
- Cosmetics that can be bought in the shop with the money you earn by playing

The game : https://enderpearl-mc.itch.io/typing-game

geo
Level 0

Indie dev from Austria (kamgam.com)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 07:03:10 AM »

Hi, I tried your game just now.

Here is my feedback:

1) Nice calm sound, I like it.

2) Enter to resume the tutorial messages would be a nice touch I think (especially in a typing game Wink

3) The translations glitched a little for me (unless you want to subconsciously teach french to me :D)

4) I would have preferred to see the text coming from below or above. I kept my eyes glues to the right side of the monitor because that's where the letters come in (it is tiring for the eyes).

5) I think a vertical scrolling text would be beneficial because humans don't read a word letter by letter (unless they are just starting to lean to read). Instead we usually recognize whole words at a time othrewsie tihs wuold be unraedble Wink - The same goes for typing. Fast typing people have a kinda muscle memory for words, they also don't think letter by letter.

6) I have once played such a game here: https://www.typingclub.com/sportal/program-3.game They did a nice job with giving motivation to type faster (kill the monster, pop balloons etc.). Maybe there are some nice lessen to be learned from them.

7) Haha, nice fireworks.

Hope my feedback was helpful.
Thanks for making this. Keep at it!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 01:08:22 PM by geo » Logged

Find out more about me and my games on https://kamgam.com
EnderPearlMC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 07:12:12 AM »

Hi, I tried you game just now.

Here is my feedback:

1) Nice calm sound, I like it.

2) Enter to resume the tutorial messages would be a nice touch I think (especially in a typing game Wink

3) The translations glitched a little for me (unless you want to subconsciously teach french to me :D)
4) I would have preferred to see the text coming from below or above. I kept my eyes glues to the right side of the monitor because that's where the letters come in (it is tiring for the eyes).

5) I think a vertical scrolling text would be beneficial because humans don't read a word letter by letter (unless they are just starting to lean to read). Instead we usually recognize whole words at a time othrewsie tihs wuold be unrdble Wink - The same goes for typing. Fast typing people have a kinda muscle memory for words, they also don't think letter by letter.

6) I have once played such a game here: https://www.typingclub.com/sportal/program-3.game They did a nice job with giving motivation to type faster (kill the monster, pop balloons etc.). Maybe there are some nice lessen to be learned from them.

7) Haha, nice fireworks.

Hope my feedback was helpful.
Thanks for making this. Keep at it!

Thanks for the feedback (thanks for taking time to), I will work on what you've said from your game experience and do my best to improve it.
I didn't see the translation issue since I'm French so it looked great to my eyes and didn't realize  Corny Laugh
geo
Level 0

Indie dev from Austria (kamgam.com)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »

Glad my feedback was helpful.
I realized that you are using the formal form of the verb "clickez". Isn't that like using "vous" instead of "tu". Not sure but most games are not in such a formal context. Maybe that is the norm for games in french, is it? What I mean to say is that you don't want your game to sound like an office tool (being so formal and distanced). Just a thought Smiley

Et bonne chance avec ton jeux Wink

Find out more about me and my games on https://kamgam.com
EnderPearlMC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 02:12:29 PM »

Glad my feedback was helpful.
I realized that you are using the formal form of the verb "clickez". Isn't that like using "vous" instead of "tu". Not sure but most games are not in such a formal context. Maybe that is the norm for games in french, is it? What I mean to say is that you don't want your game to sound like an office tool (being so formal and distanced). Just a thought Smiley

Et bonne chance avec ton jeux Wink

From my point of view, that doesn't really matter. I could also use the infinitive form: "cliquer".
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic