Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:40:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Lost Galleon [2D Adventure Game]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Lost Galleon [2D Adventure Game]  (Read 565 times)
negator2vc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2021, 08:01:12 AM »

Hello everyone,

The Lost Galleon is an adventure game inspired by classic adventure games like Monkey Island
(seriously... in addition to pirates the game already has island explorations, monkeys and bananas ;-))
It was originally developed during Global Game Jam 2021 and it's further developed post jam
with more story and puzzles, additional locations, etc...

The protagonist seek to find the fate of his grandparent and the famous galleon of which he was the captain.

You can try the current version here (both web and desktop versions are available)
Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated!

Rogod
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 03:44:47 PM »

Heh, while I wasn't stunned by the presentation choice (not a fan of sepia tones) I gave it a go and it was kinda fun anyway (cute music).

However, I feel the environments need a little more variety as each island looked practically the same as the others.

Also I believe I found a bug where if you're in the process of transitioning from 1 screen to another, and click again in the same area, it'll jump you forward to the following screen as if your character had walked that far. (Unless you intended this as a kind of fast-travel solution which is fair - figured I should tell you anyway Smiley )

andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 04:28:42 PM »

I checked it out and enjoyed it. I would agree that more variety at the docks area would be helpful since all 3 islands are basically identical at that point. Personally, I don't mind the sepia tones. I generally liked the art direction as well. Overall, the world is charming.

It's a good start, and if you added more of a story to it and a bit more puzzle solving, I think I'd be a fan.

Good luck with the project!  Coffee

negator2vc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 09:22:47 AM »

@Rogod
Thanks you for trying our game
True, the environment do need more variety.
Thankfully the graphics are quite modular so it's easy to add variety without much trouble.
The game does "teleport" the player with double click (both for hotspots and exits).
It's practically a mandatory feature of modern adventure games especially for location exits ;-)

@andyfromiowa
Thanks you for trying our game.
More story updates including proper dialogs and a completely new area are coming to the game.
We just wanted to put first some engine updates like the much improved text (especially compared to the original jam version) and improved controls before updating the game content.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic