Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:08:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessIs anyone willing to be my investor?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Is anyone willing to be my investor?  (Read 3598 times)
MynameisJeff
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2021, 12:45:45 PM »

I know this is crazy talk but I have great ideas for a 16 bit arcade beat 'em up. I'm not unfortunately a rich man but is anyone willing to help me achieve this? This game would be like tmnt or like alien vs predator arcades. It seems like a dead end and I was recommended here and I pretty much don't know where to turn to. I'm dead serious on doing this and would be willing to sign or however you need to get an investor on board.
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 08:33:15 AM »

I'd suggest putting together a prototype at least, if feasible. Note that you needn't be an expert in C++ or the like to do this: there are various engines, frameworks, and languages that could make things easier. (And many of these are free, too!)

With a prototype in hand, you have something to show to potential investors (whether publishers or other types). That may well improve the likelihood of some or other party taking you up on funding.

If you haven't done so already, you may also want to look into putting together a pitch-document. My understanding is that these allow publishers to quickly get an idea of what you want to make, what's exciting about it, what your plans are, and who you are.

I've seen two sets of information regarding the making of pitch documents--let me link them here:

The first was posted by a publisher, and provides a template for the construction of a pitch deck:
Raw Fury pitch deck template

The second is a sample of actual pitch decks, I believe, and thus provides examples for reference, in some cases along with notes.
Pitch Decks

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic