Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:33:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeDo children like pixel art?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: Do children like pixel art?  (Read 35245 times)
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2009, 01:15:15 AM »

For what it's worth, I think that Blueberry Garden had a more sophisticated and coherent art style than Braid, although admittedly there's not much variety there. I also am quite happy to see indie games that look like Soviet cartoons or whatever, instead of everybody just trying to do SNES graphics like in the old days.

I also suspect that simple graphics are stopping many great indie games from being mediocre. Seriously! Getting sucked into excessive polishing can be SUCH a trap.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2009, 01:57:57 AM »

Perfect Cherry Blossom is a great game, it doesn't feature state of the art graphics but is a very polished manic shooter. It's intended for manic shooters fans, and still it looks beautiful in motion.
Touhou games are possibly the best manic shooters of these years, they're for a niche.

Of course they will be better with fancier effects, still they are very polished games anyway.

Also poorwill, that screen you posted looks much better than the average games on tigDB, it's a counterproof against you IMO.
Ah, and the game looks A LOT better in a in-game section, the biggest part of the beauty is in the bullet patterns

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 02:04:03 AM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »

Yeah perfect cherry blossom looks neat, and for some reason, manga art, even crappy one, looks always okay when it's done by japanese people, whereas western artists copying the manga style always seem to put way too much time into drawing and redrawing each line with a pencil and eraser.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic