Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:14:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNimble Blade, a 3rd person hack and slash multiplayer for mobile and PC
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nimble Blade, a 3rd person hack and slash multiplayer for mobile and PC  (Read 1541 times)
SailorSerg
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2021, 02:49:57 AM »

Hi!

It's strange but I'm not a game developer at all. As an enterprise developer I'm tired of creating forms, server logic, forms, server logic etc.

Apart from software I understand some hardware techniques. This is me:

So here is Nimble Blade. It's a prototype of an action hack and slash multiplayer game devoted to the medieval art of fencing with no magic at all.

I'd like your thoughts on the gameplay and controls. Try training and to complete a tournament.

Here is a link to the game files
https://nimble-blade.itch.io/game

Recommended system requirements are:

Windows 10, 8G RAM, discrete graphics
The game size is 1Gb on your drive

May the force be with you
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:56:20 AM by SailorSerg » Logged
johnny113
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 05:28:44 AM »

with slightly more work i will look pretty interesting!

SailorSerg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 02:56:00 PM »

Thank you for these motivating words Smiley

with slightly more work i will look pretty interesting!
SailorSerg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 11:31:30 AM »

Significantly reworked prototype. Added a lot of weapons and 2vs1 duels into the tournament

Here's the latest video:

The game download link is the same:
https://nimble-blade.itch.io/game?password=trydemo1
SailorSerg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 05:48:17 AM »

Published a major game prototype update
Also published Android prototype

Here's the latest video

Prototype demos for both platforms available here
https://nimble-blade.itch.io/game
wolf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 02:20:22 PM »

Tried to play this because it looks cool but don't think anybody else was online (just me running around). Even so I did struggle a bit with the controls. Would have benefited from a controller screen somewhere, but eventually I figured out strafe was on the dpad and block actions on the right stick. I'm just so accustomed to being able to look around/turn with the right stick that I struggled with that aspect. Also there's something about the camera which is always moving but with quite a lot of delay / smoothing that felt disorienting. Would love to give it another go with other players sometime because I do see the potential!
SailorSerg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 03:29:25 AM »

Hi, thank you for the very detailed feedback! It's really helpful

I understand that a lot of players are using right stick for the camera control. The same time I can't figure out any more conviniet controls for blocks (

Cause blocks should be triggered very fast in 4 directions. And the right hand suits for blocks better so the left hand can be focused on movement

On the other hand there's no time to manually control the camera during the fight but it may be very helpful in a lull

Any advice would be much appreciated
MilanTheDeveloper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 09:09:48 AM »

Looks really good! I think if more time was spent on making the controls more intuitive then I think this will be a really good game, another suggestion is to make the feel of the game more ... "flamboyant" I think is the right word?

If there was more effects when battling & sound effects it would really help the immersion and would make even simple actions more satisfying in my opinion.

Great game tho  Smiley

Did you know I'm developing a game called VoxelVerse?  #shamelessplug #promotion #actinglikeacitiesskylineNPC
SailorSerg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2021, 06:09:31 AM »

"Flamboyant" is a perfect word I believe ) thank you! Definitely gonna work in that direction too
wolf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 04:28:32 AM »

For the controls, honestly not sure without experiencing some fights first hand. Think it's the kind of thing best tinkered with and tested until it feels right. Do the A/B/Y/X buttons not work for block on the right hand? You could provide a couple alternative control schemes and collect feedback on which players prefer.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic