Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:07:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTic-Tac-Crow ~ a chill patent-infringing bird garden
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tic-Tac-Crow ~ a chill patent-infringing bird garden  (Read 988 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2021, 10:56:47 PM »

Nemesis Jam wrapped up this past weekend! The basic premise is, or was, that we'd all make games somehow Nemesis system-adjacent, so I tried to make a patent-infringing game. I ended up loving the patent (seriously I recommend reading it if you have the spare brain cycles and are interested in designing complex living systems -- I plan to do a writeup sometime about 'how to steal from the Nemesis patent' though so keep an eye out for that if you don't want to read the entire patent -- but seriously read the entire patent)

What was I saying? Right. So, I didn't set out to make a chill birdgarden, but I did. I'm charging $5 for it, because I thought: what's the point in infringing on a patent if I'm not (theoretically) presenting a commercial challenge to the patent-holders?

If you're interested in playing a game that does some similar "what if it was fun to play Tic-Tac-Toe against emotive AI characters" stuff then you can try the (100% free) precursor to Tic-Tac-Crow, Who's the best Tic-Tac-Toe AI?

Without further ado, my beautiful tiny ambient bird garden.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:12:21 PM by droqen » Logged

Levi Lindsey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 02:32:11 PM »

Nice pixel birds! Lol, the pigeon's great
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:18:11 PM »

Thank you Smiley

We did a stream just a few hours ago if you're interested in seeing the game in action / hearing us talk excitedly about our process!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic