Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1393816 Posts in 67109 Topics- by 60088 Members - Latest Member: zerotwo

August 05, 2021, 09:24:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVIRTUEROR - Sci-Fi RTS with 4x and RPG elements - dev update July 2021
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: VIRTUEROR - Sci-Fi RTS with 4x and RPG elements - dev update July 2021  (Read 9582 times)
Alain
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2021, 10:50:09 PM »

Thanks for the update. It sucks when other things keep getting in the way and you feel like you are not getting enough done. I am sure almost all of us here can relate.
I voted B, too Smiley

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2021, 05:07:41 AM »

Thanks for the update. It sucks when other things keep getting in the way and you feel like you are not getting enough done. I am sure almost all of us here can relate.
I voted B, too Smiley

Yeah, I am sure many people here know that well...
Anyway, I am trying to not be too hard on myself as there's not much I can do in the current situation.

Thanks for voting, it looks like B won by a landslide!

Creating "Virtueror, the virtual conqueror" (RTS + 4x + RPG)

[Wishlist on Steam]
[TIGS devlog][YouTube devlog][website]
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2021, 05:31:10 AM »

Despite the slow period, I have been working on some new features recently.

Now defensive towers are fully working and they start to shoot at enemies as soon as one is in range.

Another new feature is that when objects are hit they emit small particles.
Keep in mind that GIF compression is not really making justice to the animation, but I promise things look better in game.

Currently I am working on some improvements for the in-game UI, in particular I am focusing on the actions panel that allows to control units and structures.
I will post more as soon as I finish with that.

[Wishlist on Steam]
Alain
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2021, 11:22:38 PM »

Nice, I like the particle system. I just realized I never asked whether "Z" is an inspiration to you. I did not play it too much and Z is visually very different, but somehow I feel like there could be a connection.

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2021, 01:25:00 PM »

Nice, I like the particle system. I just realized I never asked whether "Z" is an inspiration to you. I did not play it too much and Z is visually very different, but somehow I feel like there could be a connection.

Kudos for knowing "Z" and yes, it's definitely a source of inspiration!
In particular the idea of conquering existing structures comes from it (and Command & Conquer).

[Wishlist on Steam]
Alain
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2021, 11:44:38 PM »

Kudos for knowing "Z" and yes, it's definitely a source of inspiration!
In particular the idea of conquering existing structures comes from it (and Command & Conquer).

That's cool! I always felt like I need to take a deeper dive into Z. I only played a bit when I was younger, but still have the big box Wink

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: Today at 08:55:04 AM »

I published a new monthly development update on Steam.
This one covers the latest development news for the month of July and comes with a new bug of the month!

Unfortunately I have been quite busy with work and life recently, which means I have achieved less than what I planned for the month of July, but at least the development hasn't stopped!

Some work I haven't showed you here in my previous posts was about the in-game UI.

For example action buttons used to control units are now toggle buttons, which means they stay selected until the action is completed or cancelled.
This might seem like a minor detail, but it improves the usability by a lot while in game.

For all the other updates you can read the full blog post.

[Wishlist on Steam]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic