Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:13:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVIRTUEROR - Sci-Fi RTS with 4x and RPG elements - Jan dev update
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: VIRTUEROR - Sci-Fi RTS with 4x and RPG elements - Jan dev update  (Read 17314 times)
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2021, 06:52:30 AM »

Your creations start to receive more life.  Coffee
I wait with enthusiasm for the moment of visual polish and the moment of the first combat scene

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2021, 10:48:16 AM »

I never realized that some of your mountains are black. Sorry if you explained it already, but I'm curious what this is about.

In Virtueror the Fog of War is permanent, which means that things are visible only when one of your units or cells is nearby.

Visited scene elements and structures stay visible after you move your units away, but they turn dark.

For example, if you check the second screenshot in my initial post you will see a darkened material generator at the top of the map.

I hope this clarifies things, but feel free to ask more if anything is not clear.  Smiley

Creating "Virtueror, the virtual conqueror" (RTS + 4x + RPG)

[Wishlist on Steam]
[TIGS devlog][YouTube devlog][website]
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »

Your creations start to receive more life.  Coffee
I wait with enthusiasm for the moment of visual polish and the moment of the first combat scene

I will send you a message in a year or something...  Cheesy

Nah, hopefully I will be able to show you something cool in 1-2 months!

[Wishlist on Steam]
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »

In Virtueror the Fog of War is permanent, which means that things are visible only when one of your units or cells is nearby.

Visited scene elements and structures stay visible after you move your units away, but they turn dark.

For example, if you check the second screenshot in my initial post you will see a darkened material generator at the top of the map.

I see, that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up!

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2021, 09:22:21 PM »

As a solo indie developer I have to do more than coding and designing game mechanics and new graphics, I also have to take care of production and marketing.

Recently I focused especially on these other sides of game development and I wanted to share with you a couple of important results from my efforts.

Regarding the production department, I am happy to announce that I am now registered as Steamworks partner.
That means that I can finally start to work on the Steam page of Virtueror!

At the moment my goal is to have a page up by the end of May, but I'll try my best to get it done even before that. Considering the short time frame, I doubt I will have a trailer since day 1, but nothing is sure yet.

I also achieved a minor victory in the marketing department.
Since yesterday my YouTube channel, where I post all my video dev logs, passed the first meaningful mark: 100 subs.

I know that's far from impressive, but considering that is all organic traffic and that my game is still in very early stage I am pretty happy with it.
If you want to support and follow my development you can subscribe to my channel and help me to push that number even higher. Wink

[Wishlist on Steam]
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2021, 09:48:12 PM »

Congratulations!
And Welcome to Steamworks Vivaladev !!!

I am happy to see you grow more and more each day into this industry  Gentleman

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2021, 10:39:56 PM »

Nice, congratulations! Don't sell yourself short: You have a most solid approach to making your game and marketing it. You are doing a great job, keep them updates coming!

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2021, 07:51:07 AM »

Congratulations!
And Welcome to Steamworks Vivaladev !!!

I am happy to see you grow more and more each day into this industry  Gentleman

Thanks man, the end still feels like centuries away from now, but at least it is a little step forward.

[Wishlist on Steam]
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2021, 07:51:54 AM »

Nice, congratulations! Don't sell yourself short: You have a most solid approach to making your game and marketing it. You are doing a great job, keep them updates coming!

Oh thanks Alain, where can I find 10,000 more of you? Cheesy

[Wishlist on Steam]
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2021, 05:26:51 AM »

I always planned to involve gamers in the development of Virtueror and that's why I created a Discord server and invited a few people I know when I started to work on this game.

Now I am getting to the stage where I can finally open the doors to even more people!

If you like Real Time Strategy games and if you would like to influence the development of Virtueror, you can join me in this journey by signing up here.

After doing that you will receive an email with an invite to join the Discord server (check your spam folder if you don't receive anything within 5 minutes).

There you will be able to:
  • vote development choices
  • suggest new features and changes
  • propose ideas and discuss them with other members
  • get exclusive updates before they are shared on social media and forums
  • get access to the design document and task tracker to always know the current status of development
  • enjoy all the memes shared in the #off-topic channel Grin

All that in preparation for the first alpha build that will be available only to Discord members in early June.

Make sure to sign up soon as tomorrow (Friday 30) we are going to vote for the initial Steam capsule and that will be your first chance to influence the destiny of Virtueror!

[Wishlist on Steam]
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2021, 12:13:01 PM »

Very good marketing approach!
You not only gain an audience in the Discord room but you also start building the email list + by having this email sub you make sure only true fans follow the process so you start your community with hardcore fans.
I want to do the same now but I already threw my invite all over the web Sad
Also + 1 point for community management by having them involved in the development

Can you by any chance also share some information about how you did the most exposure campaign for your Discord and what results you had?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2021, 11:04:36 PM »

Cool, I'm a fan of your project as you know. Joined Smiley

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2021, 05:41:58 PM »

Sorry for the slow reply, but I have been busy with the game and some real life stuff (unbelievable, right?).

Very good marketing approach!
You not only gain an audience in the Discord room but you also start building the email list + by having this email sub you make sure only true fans follow the process so you start your community with hardcore fans.
I want to do the same now but I already threw my invite all over the web Sad
Also + 1 point for community management by having them involved in the development

Can you by any chance also share some information about how you did the most exposure campaign for your Discord and what results you had?

So far I didn't really run any marketing campaign, I just posted this message here, on the itch.io forum and on my Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
I am planning to go for something more serious at the end of May, when I will have more content to show.

I'll let you know in 2 months how it goes.

Cool, I'm a fan of your project as you know. Joined Smiley
Thanks Alain, you're my favorite fan! Grin

[Wishlist on Steam]
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2021, 01:53:20 PM »

It took me a while, but I set up a traditional web blog for Virtueror.

I am planning to use it for posting monthly updates about all the changes and new features I worked on during each month, but also to post major news and events related to my game.

The other day I published a first post that highlights all the main development news for the month of April.

People who have been following me here and on YouTube are probably already aware of a good half of what is in that post, but there are also new features like for example the introduction of map scrolling:

I am also revealing the "bug of the month", which I won't spoil you here, but you can find at the end of my post, so happy reading. Wink

[Wishlist on Steam]
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2021, 10:53:32 PM »

Congratulations on setting up the blog! I like the idea of the bug of the month Smiley

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2021, 07:57:06 AM »

Congratulations sir, the blog looks very clean and user-friendly!

The new scrolling mechanic brings your game build closer to a solid RTS.

I also must share with you my first impression when I saw that "bug of the month" screenshot, I first believed its ORE resources from Red Alert spammed across the map but then I remembered you are into spice/Dune, not red alert so I looked again he he

vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2021, 08:26:12 PM »

Congratulations on setting up the blog! I like the idea of the bug of the month Smiley

Yeah me too... cause it's fair to show things are not always perfect. We are humans after all!

Congratulations sir, the blog looks very clean and user-friendly!

The new scrolling mechanic brings your game build closer to a solid RTS.

I also must share with you my first impression when I saw that "bug of the month" screenshot, I first believed its ORE resources from Red Alert spammed across the map but then I remembered you are into spice/Dune, not red alert so I looked again he he

Thanks Ramos, glad you liked it!

No Red Alert references in my game for now, but you never know...  Wink

[Wishlist on Steam]
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2021, 05:42:50 AM »

To celebrate the first 100 subs of my YouTube channel I recorded a short video where I play my game Virtueror on a very big touch screen:

Nothing too serious, it's just for fun, but I wanted to do something different for once. I hope you will enjoy it!

[Wishlist on Steam]
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2021, 06:05:33 AM »

Cool, it was fun to watch you play on this enormous screen. The touchscreen controls fit the abstract high tech vibe of virtueror. I could imagine Mr. Spock playing virtueror instead of 3D chess Wink

My favorite part of the video was this:

"This is another type of special material. It is called Blobs. You find it and use it for special stuff."...

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2021, 08:01:11 PM »

I wanted to say "wtf did you changed the visual style?" then I saw it was posted by Alain Smiley)))

I watched the video, good material, I can almost visualize the combat mechanics. Also, I am glad you decided to make it so that players can upg walls with turrets and awesomeness. Just a bit more!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic