Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:28:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPortable Mega Drive/Genesis... Only in Brazil
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Portable Mega Drive/Genesis... Only in Brazil  (Read 1655 times)
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:07:28 AM »

TecToy, an official Sega affiliate, is releasing a portable Genesis / Mega Drive in Brazil.

Wow, nice piece of news, specially if you live in Brazil. I knew SEGA had a nice hold of the brazilian market, but something like this must mean that there's a LOT of people with Mega Drive/Genesis games lying around over there...

Check the news out here: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7935&Itemid=9

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 06:59:17 AM »

I live in Brazil, and I have a Genesis/Mega Drive. I haven't touched it in years, and probably the only things that play it are the spiders that made cobwebs all over its insides, I'm sure. The only games I've bought for it were Sonic 2 and 3. Sonic kind of made up a large portion of what was good about that console. Since back then I hadn't played much SNES at all, I kind of didn't know what I was missing, so I probably enjoyed my Genesis a lot more as a result.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 12:52:32 PM »

Heh, I have a second hand Genesis stored away in a closet somewhere, even have a Sega CD unit there, too bad it doesn't seem to work Sad I still think this portable Genesis thing looks kinda neat, but I imagine it to be a very big, clunky device.

I must say that I was with Nintendo during the 16-bit era... Some of my friends had the Genesis and I did play a lot with it, but I had my own SNES, this Genesis I told you about was bought like three years ago from a friend who was going to dump it, I bought it very cheap, but it's not working (he told me "I'm not sure it works" so I knew that was a possibility hehe, maybe someday I can repair it?).

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 02:02:25 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can find a hardware geek somewhere there.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic