Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 08:25:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRogue-Lite Dungeon-Crawler Testing (Loot Train)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rogue-Lite Dungeon-Crawler Testing (Loot Train)  (Read 1163 times)
TechieMay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2021, 01:40:30 PM »

Hello! I've been developing a Rogue-Lite Dungeon-Crawler for about 4 years now. It is nearing it's completion. The entire game is finished, but there is a few unfinished art assets. At this point I have moved towards bug squashing and testing. However, since this is a Rogue-Like, balance is EXTREMELY difficult to do since there is so many different runs, items, and interactions to account for. It would be extremely beneficial to have people test it out! For those who want to go all-out on testing, I am considering putting testers in my credits!

For some context on the game, it is a 1D equipment-based rogue-lite where your goal is to effectively commit a genocide on a train to earn money! In a natural run-through, you are to kill a conductor of the train. However, after doing this enough times, cultists will enter the train and replace the conductor as a final boss! Their sinister goal would make it so you wouldn't be able to earn money anymore, so you need to beat them too! This game is extremely wacky in it's character cast, and very steep in learning curve and very high in skill ceiling.

As for publishing, this game will be available on steam for FREE when it launches. So I'm hoping to get it done soon!

Contact me if you are interested in giving critical feedback here:
[email protected]

However, feel free to play the game as you wish, or give feedback here as well!

https://techiemay.itch.io/loot-train

Here is some gameplay from a youtuber if you are interested in seeing the game first:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 02:24:57 PM by TechieMay » Logged

Mayella
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:01:26 PM »

Hi TechieMay,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic