Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:53:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSoccer Journey
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soccer Journey  (Read 1210 times)
shonkykoala
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2021, 12:18:51 AM »

Hey everyone,

I've been making a soccer game similar to Jumpers for Goalposts (old flash game) and New Star Soccer to learn how to code. I've recently uploaded my prototype build on itch:
https://shonkykoala.itch.io/soccerjourney

In terms of feedback, I just wanted people to play the tutorial/start a career mode to see if there's something that stands out. I had been getting some feedback regarding the tutorial so I had to create a new one from scratch so hopefully this is better!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 12:30:13 AM by shonkykoala » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 05:42:11 PM »

Hi ShonkyKoala,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts

shonkykoala
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 03:13:38 AM »

Hey mate, thanks for your feedback! It's the first time I've seen someone play the game on video so that was exciting haha. On your summary:

• Majority of the aspects of the career mode have not yet been coded, so that's why you can see things like salary and chemistry, etc. They're all just placeholders until I get to code it, there won't be any team manager aspects, It's just a game about your own career. The main purpose of putting it online with such an early build is so I could get feedback from people on how it works.
  • I'm looking to expand the number of chances in the game, I've got around 30 in there at the moment but obviously if you end up getting 5-6 per game then the chances will get old quickly.
  • n the full game you'll also start at the lowest league and work your way up so you won't actually start with good stats and will be required to train, etc.
  • I like your idea of pressing a button to move to the next commentary. Honestly I've heard mixed feedback on commentary, some people have said they prefer it not to be there at all so I'm still thinking about whether or not I want it in there.

Also the target is mobile so I'm glad you thought it would work well there! Thanks again for playing!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic