Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:25:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Browser][Free] AritMazeTic : a math/maze game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Browser][Free] AritMazeTic : a math/maze game  (Read 2007 times)
nextdoorgamedev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2021, 06:03:40 AM »

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this belongs to Playtesting or to the announcement section. I put it here to begin with because I'm still updating the game.

AritMazeTic (available here https://www.crazygames.com/game/aritmazetic) is a web-browser game I developed using Unity and published on CrazyGame initially around the 20th of December. After having some feedbacks, I recently updated it with a few more features (such as achievements). The game may end up on Android/iOS at some point depending on the time I have and the feedbacks it gets.

As the name indicates, the game is about arithmetic and mazes. You move your square from cell to cell changing you score depending on the operation shown on the cell (see gif below). You may roam freely or in a procedurally generated maze. There are several game modes available (like best score after 100 moves, reach 50000 points as fast as possible or just infinite play without objectives...) so you can play 5 minutes or 5 hours.

I'm interested in any kind feedback. It can be about the game difficulty, its graphics, its objectives (are they clear enough? would you think of better achievements ?).

I hope you'll have fun playing. Thanks in advance to those who will answer.

NDGD

Game menu looks like:
wormius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 07:19:30 AM »

Hey,
I am enjoying this game alot.
I don't think you need any more graphics for this tyoe of game.
I just wish I understood better what determins the value of the cells. I can see they are at first negative to you but then they change somehow.

My best score right now is 19,115,220
[Edit]
Now it's:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 07:29:59 AM by wormius » Logged
nextdoorgamedev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 12:30:33 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

Indeed cells you drop are first negative to you. Then their value tends toward zero. I've got an equation defining the number of moves it takes for the cells to reach zero. It depends on the difficulty, your current score and how many moves you already did (it gets harder in time). When it reaches zero, it is randomly replaced by a new "normal" cell whose value also depends on difficulty/score/moves (again, it gets harder in time).

Nice score by the way!
nextdoorgamedev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 03:58:53 AM »

Hi all,

AritMazeTic has been upgraded. New graphics and a lot of achievement to guide players in the game. It's still free to play at: https://www.crazygames.com/game/aritmazetic

Here is a quick gif with some gameplay:

NDGD
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic