Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:00:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAtt försvinna helt
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Att försvinna helt  (Read 1496 times)
flárátt ljós
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:00:04 AM »

Inspired by my travels and language learning experiences, I've been working on a game about going hiking in the mountains and learning new languages. Players will have a camera to take photographs with, and which they'll be using to discover new words and topics.

They will then be able to discuss these topics with people they encounter across the way. It's still all in early stages, and most of the work done so far is on the camera and language mechanics. There's a little bit of the dialogue system in as well. There's a movement system, but I haven't started work on the level yet, so all you get so far is a little patch of terrain.

On the technical side of things, it has a pretty straightforward D3D12 renderer, it's written entirely from scratch in C99, and has no external dependencies besides FreeType for font rasterization.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:40:07 PM by fláráðr ljós » Logged
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 09:40:27 AM »

Hmm, as a formerly avid photographer and immigrant of Sweden for almost a decade who still hasn't learned the language... I feel personally attacked like this game was made just for me! Well, hello there!
q1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 10:17:51 PM »

very cool visual style. interested in seeing how the mechanic of discovering words works. good luck on development!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic