Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:20:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAutana Dev Blog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Autana Dev Blog  (Read 489 times)
Mopey024
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2021, 07:27:51 AM »

Hello All! My name is Josh (Mopey) and I am a Dev for 3amStudios. We are developing an action platformer game called “Autana” and here I will be posting some details on our progress with the game, changes we’ve made so far, and plans for the future. I’ll also be including a download for our alpha version of the game. To start, just a list of some changes for this week.

Added a “heavy attack” and “dash attack,” and defined the old attack as a “light attack”
Added a Brute and Dashing enemy
Balanced the Upgrades in the shop
Improved the shop UI
Changed the in-game Currency for story reasons
Added audio and visual indicators for low player health
Changed the levels to be longer and more impactful
Added a goal at the end of the level in order to win instead of just defeating all the enemies

In general we felt the gameplay was one dimensional and wanted to change that with the addition of new enemies and attacks. We also felt the game world was not immersive enough, and are hoping the shop UI and low health effects help build that immersion a little better. In the future we want to add more challenges to the levels such as traps and work to further improve some of our level design and fix bugs as we find them.

Check out our download if you like: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vShCabvSTKxW2_tmsTAmn9AES2AoJnII?usp=sharing
Mopey024
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 10:46:56 PM »

Hello all, Josh (Mopey) here with another update about “Autana”, by 3amStudios. We are entering our beta this week and therefore are starting to really hash out some of the game’s features, as well as fleshing out the world a little bit more. I am excited to share with you some of these updates (this time with pictures!). Some of the changes this week:

- Balanced shop prices
- Made a logo
- Tweaked the player attack range and enemy weapon collisions
- Made enemies telegraph their attacks so the player can react
- Added settings to change music and sound effects
- Aesthetic upgrades to the title screen, the shops/menus
- Added new art
- Diversified map tiles
- Added custom keybinds

Lots of changes this week were made for the overall feel of the games. Aesthetically, we felt some things like the menu buttons and the tile maps weren’t. We also tweaked the way weapons and damage worked for enemies and the player, just to make attacks cleaner and to make sure they made sense. The shop tweaks were necessary because there are certain points in the game (after the tutorial) where we believe the player should have the ability to buy things from the shop where they previously didn’t. And overall we have just been polishing features and making quality of life changes. More to come next week, when we release the game in full! Here's a download link for the game:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13SWxWt8Dz8BDm0x5Z5ssN7HNESpQh6Qo?usp=sharing

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 06:33:08 AM »

Hi! I've merged these threads together. Please be sure to reply to this post rather than starting a new thread when for further updates about this game.

Mopey024
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 11:51:15 PM »

Hey guys, Josh (Mopey) back with the final dev blog for Autana by 3amStudios, as we are preparing for full release on Wednesday! I come bearing some of our final changes to the game. A lot of the changes  are smaller, as we tried to just refine the game more than make any big changes this week. We are really excited to share the final version of what we’ve been working on for all this time. So without further ado here is the changes list for this week.

- You can now modify the game volume from the main menu and not just in game
- Added credits and a special thanks message at the end of the game
- Added transitions between levels (with area names)
- Added a whole lot of new music and some new voice lines
- Gave the boss a health bar and a visible name
- Other aesthetic changes such as sound updates and new artwork
- Bug fixes. Lots of bug fixes

The real point of this week for us was preparing the game for launch and polishing what we have. Much of this week was dedicated to fixing balance and bugs, as well as improving the overall feel of the game. Below will be some screenshots of the game in its final stages as well as some of the new artwork provided to us by our artist Spring. Here also is a download link for the game:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LNNer83Fe_kfHCal1EttcYpRQdYACigh?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:23:05 AM by Mopey024 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic