Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:28:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopLooking for feedback of my trailer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for feedback of my trailer  (Read 6403 times)
MartinBousquet
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2021, 05:14:05 AM »

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the marketing aspect of my game and especially how to convey information to the public. Basically I want to make sure that people have the right perception when seeing artwork, description, trailers and so on.

This is why I'm looking for feedback regarding the upcoming trailer (video is public but not referenced yet): what information do it convey about the game? In particular, here's the answers I'm looking for:
  • what do you think the game will cost?
  • how long do you think it be?
  • does it remind you of any other existing game?
  • what is the genre?
  • and finally does it look interesting?

I hope this is the right place to post this (the Playtesting rules say I should post it to Workshop so I guess it's fine).

Anyway here's the trailer:

kingoftheconnors
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 06:01:45 PM »

Hey Martin! I LOVED the trailer! The beginning twist of NOT being the hero was great, and the workplace-theming!  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

The art and dialogue gave me Paper Mario vibes, while the monster-twist sort of reminds me of "Kill the Plumber". At first's glance, it seems more like a level-by-level mission-based game, with a little bit of story tying the "work days" together. Nothing too fancy (as communicated by the bouncy, but simple music), but still a lot of fun. But if the story you're going for is TOO simple, the Paper Mario aesthetic may work against you, since Paper Mario RPGs boast heartwarming stories as a selling point.

For the trailer:
  • Based on the trailer, I'm imagining $10, similar to other 2D games with similar-quality assets. Anything higher, and I'd be going in expecting a lot of content. At a full $20, I'd also want a story that makes me cry. In that sense, how long it'll be depends on the price tag. The trailer just shows a good time, but it could be anywhere from a handful of missions to a straight-up epic.
  • The white outlines and lovable monsters give me strong Paper Mario vibes
  • I'd consider it a 2D RPG, with platformer elements. A lot of linearity, maybe some optional quests/activities, and a sweet handful of collectibles (most of this feeling is from the monster suit scene, even though monster suits are probably more required-by-story rather than optional collectibles).
  • Yes. With the little info I have, I'd probably wishlist it and wait for the game to go on sale. I'm a SUCKER for friendly monster aesthetics, and if subsequent trailers showcase interesting game-progression/story, I'd definitely buy it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic