Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:36:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesTIGSOURCE
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TIGSOURCE  (Read 7712 times)
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2021, 03:49:56 AM »

Hey Tigsource,

I am curious, what is happening to Tigsource Twitter, Facebook, and the main site page? I noticed no new activity for years, are you just going to leave them to die? I mean can`t you assign an active mod for them too?

liva
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 04:02:04 AM »

Indeed, it would be awesome to see some activities on theses platforms.
And if needed, I am sure there are some people who would be happy to help!

logophil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 04:53:33 AM »

Hey Tigsource,

I am curious, what is happening to Tigsource Twitter, Facebook, and the main site page? I noticed no new activity for years, are you just going to leave them to die? I mean can`t you assign an active mod for them too?

Agreed, yes would be good to know about your plans with these.

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 02:54:10 AM »

I tried to get in touch with the current mods about writing for them and they just stopped replying at some point. I told them I would write whatever they wanted and was interested in working with them to get an article they were proud of and that it might be a good exercise for me to work with an editor to be a bit more interesting to the community at large. I guess that isn't good somehow?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »

That's not what happened though. You proposed writing something that was too off-topic for the frontpage and we told you as much. We didn't just stop replying.

More importantly though, the main obstacle to getting more stuff on the frontpage is that if we're going to publish articles, we'd rather be compensating whoever writes those pieces, and we don't have a way to do that right now. TIGSource doesn't generate any revenue, so paying to produce this type of content is impractical, and we don't want to rely on free labour more than we already do with mods and such.

Same with social media. We'd need someone willing to manage that, and asking people to do it for free isn't great.

Also many of us are busy with life and don't have the time to manage TIGSource as well as we'd want, which is admittedly a personal failing. Heck, even the site founders aren't even really around anymore, which is a shame. We would like to bring TIGSource back up to speed, but that will require time and effort, and crucially, money.

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 10:31:49 AM »

Maybe my last message in the chat didn't go through or your reply didn't but it felt like you just had something else to do and stopped replying. I still have the logs, it seems like I was proposing working with you guys to come up with something relevant and you just left me on read.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic