Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:15:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFor Aerolite - A Fun 2D Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: For Aerolite - A Fun 2D Platformer  (Read 990 times)
gamedeveloper0
Level 0

You Have To Live it.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 22, 2021, 07:09:35 AM »

[Introduction]:

Aerolite Adventure is a 2D Platformer currently in development for Desktop and Mobile Platforms. What separates it from other 2d platformers are the mid-game mechanics and my approach to this genre. The Game is planned to be completely free to play and should come out by September of this year.

[Story] :

The game follows the story of Aspen our protagonist who lives with his brother Aerolite alone. One day Aerolite is kidnapped and thus our story begins where we fight our way through the world of the dead to bring Aerolite back. On this journey, we meet strangers and fight even stranger things. The game is about the journey and what we learn through the journey.

[Design] :

The basic design approach I am going within this game is the approach of fun. I want the basic goal of the player to be to have fun in the game no matter which platform they are playing it on. I don't have too much of a knack for having long stories in 2d platforming games, when done right it can be great but a lot of times it can be a hindrance to the never-ending "fun" aspect of the game, of course, it goes a lot deeper and there are probably better places to discuss this. However, I mention this because I don't want too much dialog or story interrupting the player experience. The goal would be to engage the player for long periods without having addictive mechanics. The story is supposed to be subtle but still needs to hit the right notes.

[Mechanics] :

The Game Follows the basic 2d platforming mechanics where you jump, climb or shoot things, some mechanics change mid-game and add a new level of depth to the basic mechanics (More on that later) I want the controls to be perfect especially for android, It is going to be a challenge to make them feel solid on a touch interface, but I am thinking of solving this problem as the game comes together.

[Assets & Development] :

I am programming the whole game myself and I will be making all the assets myself except sound effects (That can be a whole different ball game) I have some experience in music production in the past which is why I am thinking to do it myself, The art is a combination of Pixel and Vector art which I find well-fitting in the game. I am making the game using Unity 2019.3 (started making on this, and now I don't want to move things to another version)

[Play testing] :

I have play tested the game with a few friends, but I will be increasing the number of testers this time. I realized the value of testing with my last game. Let's see how it goes, if anyone is interested in play testing I would love to provide you with a version of the current build, so let's get connected in making this game great.

[Why this devlog?] :

I would love to share the development of the game with everyone here, hear your thoughts on how this game can be better. Also, this devlog will allow me to see the progress of the game from another perspective.

[Contact Me  Wink ]

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRnguKK1qer2Xk54qouoMeA
Twitter - https://twitter.com/thisisshahbaaz
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 01:58:12 AM by gamedeveloper0 » Logged

(oOo)
gamedeveloper0
Level 0

You Have To Live it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 07:18:52 AM »

Started adding some levels in the game. The gameplay is coming up nicely.  Grin

(oOo)