Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:50:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosSkyhammer Sound | Experienced freelance composer for hire | Game music packs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Skyhammer Sound | Experienced freelance composer for hire | Game music packs  (Read 4687 times)
SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2021, 02:33:58 AM »

Hi there,

I'm Janne, and I've worked as a composer for 20 years, and the last 10 years as a freelance media composer. I've written music for games, short films, TV shows and other media. Lately I've worked mainly with custom commissions, but I've released game music packs and done a ton of production music in the past as well.

I'm currently looking for paid projects and up to all kinds of challenges. Cinematic music (orchestral, and spiced up with synths and other sound design) is my forte, but I can handle most of the stuff you can throw at me, and will honestly tell if I'm not the composer you're looking for. I'm fast and reliable, and never missed a deadline. My equipment is up to the task, so quality will not be an issue - you can verify this yourself from my portfolio. Having a decent amount of experience on your belt does come with benefits.

I'm familiar with game development in Unity and I know my way around FMOD, so I can handle the implementation as well if need be.

If you have a project you'd like me to write music for, reach out and let's talk!

Contact
[email protected]

Music Examples
Composer Showreel
Witch Thief (PC/Switch) - Original Soundtrack
Video Game Music Covers

Website
janneseppanen.net

----------------------

Game Music Packs:

Medieval Fantasy Game Music Pack
Unity Asset Store
Unreal Engine Marketplace
GameDevMarket
itch.io
Track previews at SoundCloud

Casual Fun Game Music Pack
Unity Asset Store
UE Marketplace
itch.io
GameDevMarket

Cinematic Cutscenes Game Music Pack
Unity Asset Store
UE Marketplace
itch.io
GameDevMarket

Cinematic Fantasy Game Music Pack
Unity Asset Store
GameDevMarket
itch.io

8-bit Action Game Music Pack
Unity Asset Store
GameDevMarket
itch.io

Race On! Game Music Pack
Unity Asset Store
GameDevMarket
itch.io

----------------------

Cheers!

- Janne / Skyhammer Sound -
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:14:04 AM by SkyhammerSound » Logged

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 11:48:26 AM »

Cinematic Fantasy Game Music Pack is now also available from Unity Asset Store!

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:36:50 AM »

I’m currently adding some final touches to a medieval/fantasy themed game music pack. Next up is doing some orchestrations for a progressive metal album that’s coming out later this year. Haven’t done that in a while, but challenges are always welcome!  Coffee

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 05:43:41 AM »

Medieval Fantasy Game Music Pack has now been released. The pack contains almost 45 minutes of music with 24 tracks (10 full tracks and 10 loops + 4 diegetic in-game tracks) inspired by medieval and renaissance music.

The game music pack is available from:

Unreal Engine Marketplace
GameDevMarket
itch.io

You can preview the tracks at SoundCloud

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 10:46:22 PM »

I have an open slot for one game project starting from mid June, so if you're looking for perfectly fitting music for your game, shoot me a message!

-------------------

There's also a couple announcements to make. First of all the Medieval Fantasy Game Music Pack has finally been released in Unity Asset Store (quite a queue they had!) and can be reached from this link:

Medieval Fantasy Game Music Pack @ Unity Asset Store

That being said, there's another game music pack out called 8-bit Action Game Music Pack, currently available at itch.io and GameDevMarket, but coming to Unity as well. It's a smaller, more affordable package so those waiting for it to pop up at Unreal Marketplace are out of luck, I'm afraid! Smiley

8-bit Action Game Music Pack
GameDevMarket
Itch.io

Cheers!

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »

I have an opening in my schedule from the beginning of July, shoot me a message if you want to hire me!

--------------

The 8-bit Action Game Music Pack has also been released in Unity Asset Store. You can reach it via this link.

I also honed my electronic music production chops and created a new music pack in that style, titled Race On! Game Music Pack. Six tracks aimed mainly at racing games, but suitable for other genres as well.

Race On! Game Music Pack
GameDevMarket
Itch.io

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 10:56:05 AM »

Wow, time sure flies fast. A lot's happened since my last update - I've released two new game music packs and updated one with a DLC pack that's free for existing customers. Here's some more info and links to asset stores:

New game music pack #1: Casual Fun Game Music Pack

If you're looking for that casual, relaxed, carefree feeling for your game, this pack has got your back. It's available in all four major asset stores:

Unity Asset Store
UE Marketplace
itch.io
GameDevMarket

New game music pack #2: Cinematic Cutscenes Game Music Pack

This is aimed for cutscenes and narrative moments, to enhance feelings and emotions you want to convey. It's available in all four major asset stores:

Unity Asset Store
UE Marketplace
itch.io
GameDevMarket

Free update to Medieval Fantasy Game Music Pack

I beefed up my best-selling game music pack even more with a DLC pack that's free for existing customers and new customer's get to enjoy it without an increase in price. What's not to like? Get it from all four major asset stores:

Unity Asset Store
UE Marketplace
itch.io
GameDevMarket

That being said, I have some openings in my schedule for the coming autumn, so if you'd like some custom work done, feel free to get in touch! Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 07:34:45 AM by SkyhammerSound » Logged

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 11:53:06 AM »

L'Oeil Blanc, a game developed by the French studio No Visual Games and a game that I wrote the original soundtrack for was released today on iOS and Android. Links to Google Play and App Store can be found from the game's website:

https://oeilblanc.fr/

L'Oeil Blanc is a first-person adventure game set in a medieval world filled with magic, where the player takes on the role of Aden, an individual devoid of his vision. It is a 100% audio game with no visuals, and players act based on sound.

It was an honour to work with No Visual Games and to participate in something that will make gaming more accessible, so that more and more people are able to enjoy the fantastic world of games.

This was also one of the most exciting projects I have ever done, as the style required was so close to home and working with the team was top-notch despite the game being in French and me speaking virtually none of it. Profanities don't count :grin:

It will be available on streaming services in the near future as soon as the distributor gets it done, but for now it's available at Bandcamp and YouTube:

https://skyhammersound.bandcamp.com/album/loeil-blanc-original-game-soundtrack

My work with the French studio continues for the next chapter, but I have some openings in my calendar in the last quarter - hit me up!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:49:37 AM by SkyhammerSound » Logged

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 09:51:11 AM »

Here's an original composition I created for the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild music overhaul mod Bards of the Wild, organized by VGM Lounge.

This piece of music plays when the player first discovers the Master Sword and has a nice little chat with the good ol' Deku Tree - hence the name for the track.

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2023, 02:34:07 AM »

Hi everyone! Just wanted to chime in and update this thread with some of my work from this year. I'm available for hire at the moment, so if your game is looking for great sounding music (either just simple loops or fully adaptive tracks, your choice), hit me up at contact(at)janneseppanen.net

Solace in the Stars - A hybrid of electronic and orchestral/choral elements

Crimson Reverie - A full orchestral track with emotional melodies

Feelings Soar With The Wind - A cover version of the iconic theme from The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
https://youtu.be/T12y45vqgSc

The Fallen - An emotional theme for piano and strings
https://youtu.be/6krZSzLKxIQ

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 09:52:09 AM »

In case you hadn't noticed, it's the discount season and everyone is having a sale. Well, me too! Some of my music packs have never been so affordable, so now is a very good time to stock up on professional game music assets for your current or upcoming projects.

Unreal Engine Marketplace - 70% off
itch.io - 60& off individual packs, 70% off bundle
GameDev Market - 50% off

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 09:05:24 AM »

This time around I reached for Japanese games and composers for inspiration, I've always loved their use of harmony and focus on great melodies.

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 08:36:20 AM »

Here's a new orchestral cover that I made. This time I'm recreating a theme from one of my childhood favorites, Secret of Mana. The game had such a lasting impact on me, being wonderfully weird and captivating.

SkyhammerSound
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 02:07:05 AM »

I've just completed work on music that was commissioned for an upcoming video game, and I'm open for new projects. Let's make sure your next game has an advantage only custom, handcrafted music can bring.

Best way to reach me is via email at [email protected]

Here's an original theme and a cover that I've uploaded to YouTube recently:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic