Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:56:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingStealth platformer on the mega drive (requires emulator)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stealth platformer on the mega drive (requires emulator)  (Read 1010 times)
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2021, 05:45:27 PM »

Hey there

I just finished implementing a basic combat and movement and I would like to hear some opinions. I don't have a convenient way to get people to play, unfortunately, the rom file is super tiny but you need to have a Mega Drive/Genesis emulator to play.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16TkYqu7Lb-55SsviA8v_LVhaa-F3ro4v/view?usp=sharing

The movement and combat is not very traditional, it has some risky experimental aspects that might turn people off at first, but I'm hoping it can be fun and engaging once you get acquainted with the controls. It's not meant to be responsive and fluid, but also not as rigid as the original prince of persia, flashback, and other cinematic platformers. It's a middle ground I'm trying to find.

Left and right move the character. Down ducks.
A parries an attack (currently it reads when you lift the button which I don't like). When perfectly timed the enemy is staggered for a moment.
B attacks. You can attack standing still or running at full speed (damage modifier not implemented yet).
Pressing C while running jumps. Pressing C while standing still does nothing, but holding it then pressing up will do a vertical jump. Pressing left and right while holding C will do a sidestep useful for combat.
Grabbing ledges is done automatically in some instances (while falling, for example) and pressing up when near one. If you duck then press down near a ledge you will climb down the ledge.
To wall run you have to jump just before hitting the wall. This allows you to reach higher ledges.

The stealth is already implemented but there is barely any challenge in there so far. But you can have fun turning invisible by ducking right in front of their eyes! (to be corrected later)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic