Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:57:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSoulash Kickstarter - fantasy roguelike where your goal is to destroy the world
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soulash Kickstarter - fantasy roguelike where your goal is to destroy the world  (Read 1493 times)
Kalther
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2021, 09:04:45 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Artur Smiarowski, and I'm the creator of Soulash, a traditional, turn-based, fantasy roguelike where you take the role of a forgotten god set on destroying the world. I've been developing the game for the past 4 years focusing on gameplay and limiting the presentation to just ASCII characters, but about 3 months ago I've partnered with a very talented artist to bring an alternative style to the game. You can see it best in our trailer:

Soulash is a little different from the standard fantasy formula, where you can explore what it would be like to be an existential threat to the whole world. It features a big open world, destructible terrain, dynamic weather system, dialogue system, crafting with multiple different skills, and extensive modding support with in-game editors.

We've just yesterday started a Kickstarter campaign to secure funds to apply this style to the whole game and improve upon it with alternative sprites and additional animations. If there's enough interest, we would also love to add other big features many players asked for like building, servants, factions, and procedural world generator. We have a working demo of the graphics mod with a link on our Kickstarter page, so please give it a try!

If you think this sounds like something for you, please join us at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asmiarowski/soulash-classic-fantasy-roguelike and help us out, we will appreciate any donation. There are also very interesting tiers where we offer everyone to leave a small portion of their soul in the game either by adding character names, gravestones with a unique message, or even design new races, professions, and locations. Also, there are still about 50 cheaper copies of the game for grabs as an early bird, so don't miss your chance!

Artur Śmiarowski
Soulash | Twitter | Discord
Kalther
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 08:18:45 AM »

Final 72 hours, last chance to design something of your own in the core Soulash game. Evil

Artur Śmiarowski
Soulash | Twitter | Discord
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic