Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:24:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[PROGRAMMERS NEEDED] Sci Fi Third Person Shooter Looter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PROGRAMMERS NEEDED] Sci Fi Third Person Shooter Looter  (Read 1544 times)
Vulture7
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2021, 02:38:38 PM »

Hey everyone,

I've been working on this project for quite some time now, and am in need of some assistance from a coding aspect. This game is a third person shooter where the player raids illegal spaceships in deep space, finding themselves in procedurally generated ships with a focus on exploration and looting. There's going to be tons of loot to find, many factions, and a variety of customizations. The more reputable a player, the more difficult missions they can accept that have harder enemies, unique ship layouts, and bigger sizes. There's an emphasis on grenades and equipment too, with over 10 of each, each with their own set of counters and abilities that can protect you or attack your enemy. Eventually, there will be small planet environments that serve as hubs for players to meet other players, find co-op teams, and get new missions/quests. A big priority is to present all the HUD through the game's physical world similar to Dead Space, and eliminating as many menus as possible. I posted a link below for a video showcasing the current state right now. From the inventory to pick-up items, there's definitely a lot of tweaks needed on these systems.

I hope to find someone who is comfortable with polishing up some of the current scripts and maybe improving the weapon scripts as well. I have plenty of models on standby and just want the game to be more established on the technical side before I begin flooding the project with assets. Additionally, if you have any other skills to offer such as a sound engineer, music composer, or animator, don't hesitate to reach me too! There's no commitment involved, and if you are interested and decide that you would like to offer your help, please feel free to contact me either at my email [email protected] or add me on discord, vulture#5344
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic