Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:36:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoTIGCompo (The Game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TIGCompo (The Game)  (Read 3608 times)
LemonBulb
Level 0

LMNBLB

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:08:10 PM »

I don't want to spend too much time away from my main project and I figure this should be an easy challenge to take up a few days and if need be leave me with enough time to make any changes before the end of the compo.

This is an educational game. What does it teach you? How to make a game for a TIGCompo. It's going to be fairly simple you'll have to choose different modules to put together to create a full game with some educational notes along the way to help.

Ex: You may choose the 'Cave Story Ripoff' graphics style and the 'SHMUP' genre module. Once you're done making your choices for the game there will be a small playable version of the game featuring what you choose at the end.

Hopefully this fits in the educational theme. I like to think of it as educational in a practical sense rather than 'answer this maths question really fast'.
haroldoop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »

The idea is spectacular. I hope this one gets actually made.  Smiley
LemonBulb
Level 0

LMNBLB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:28:20 AM »

haroldoop may be the only person that cares Beg but here's a small preview that shows nearly nothing.

AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 07:26:35 AM »

Ex: You may choose the 'Cave Story Ripoff' graphics style and the 'SHMUP' genre module. Once you're done making your choices for the game there will be a small playable version of the game featuring what you choose at the end.

http://www.tigsource.com/articles/2007/04/29/guxt-v-1-0-0-0

cup full of magic charisma
LemonBulb
Level 0

LMNBLB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:36:04 AM »

http://www.tigsource.com/articles/2007/04/29/guxt-v-1-0-0-0

Geez so I really hit the nail on the head with that choice to make a tig-esque game than.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 09:25:39 PM »

Fantastic idea, keep it up!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »

This is a great idea! What other elements will the player get to choose? And what does 'RGB' art style look like?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »

I really hope this gets finished!

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 09:24:08 PM »

Mmm. Was hoping for a few more updates on this before I leapt in with a "GREAT IDEA!" but... didn't happen. But, yeah, a good idea. Still hjappening?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic