Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:56:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPyramid Rush and my own story
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pyramid Rush and my own story  (Read 827 times)
nesterio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2021, 04:05:20 AM »

Pyramid Rush- is diverse puzzle-platformer, that constantly breaks the fourth wall. Resolve physics-based puzzles, go through challenging platformer levels and beat bosses! This game was intended to be a simple "Indiana Jones" rip-off, but something went wrong and it is YOUR mission to fix the game!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1650970/Pyramid_Rush

This game went with me through getting jobs, university, getting kicked out from them, through many people, who gave me advices on it, but this March I though like, it's time to start being more serious in my life, to finish something. So after 3 month of polishing, it's finally available for wishlisting in steam.
But for those of you, who wants to hear the story of it, it is written down below:

Well, first of all, my name is Nestor, I am 18 y.o. and live in Kiev, Ukraine

I remember, when I was four, I played my first computer game and this was whole new world for me, I would spend day completing the same game again and again. I used to dream how I would create my own game, think about all the details, but I never thought I would actually do it. Nevertheless, here I am, putting out my first real game to the public.

My game dev story started around 5 years ago, when I was 13. I tried making simple asset flips, but was unsuccessful even with that. So I started watching some simple videos, like "How to make a game in Unity in 5 minutes" and repeated them step after step. Yeah, I had huge breaks and never finished my projects, but this thought of. making my own games would always come to my mind.

To be honest, I never properly learned programming, I just watched how everyone else did it on videos, understood how it works, what words are used and now I do it completely myself :D

Yet, I never took my gamedev dream seriously, I have always perceived it as a hobby. So when I was graduating school (I was 17), I wanted to just keep on working on my job, but then I got kicked out. I gathered all my money resources, tried myself in making some kind of business and completely failed. So, after I failed my plan B, I went directly to plan C, the one I did not want to come to. Getting to a university, I just hate studying, I enjoy everything myself, while doing it, while making mistakes. So got to a Polish uni (I am from Ukraine) and lived in a dormitory. I found amazing friends there. They were all so fun, supportive, understanding, but the problem was that I were too irresponsible. I just partied for half a year almost without any breaks and got kicked out.

I came back to Ukraine in awful depression. I have very few friend here, I miss my old friends, no money, no aim. Tried applying to a job, it was a scam.
But then I thought… What am I doing with my life, it’s time to grow up, to be more responsible. All my life problems came from the fact that I were too lazy to finish anything I started. I remembered, I have a dream to make games and an unfinished project. This was a sign, this is my chance to rehabilitate, to make something out of myself.

So I reopened my old unity project and started working on it. I also work as a copywriter, so that I can spend some money on the game and myself.

So after some extra work, I sent my game to about 60 publishers. Everyone declined my offer, except one. But some time later, after doing some research, I decided to do publishing on my own. So I did some final touches to the game, ordered an art for game cover, found a musician and published “Pyramid Rush” to Steam. This was like a dream comes true. To see my own game on Steam. But this is just a first step, half a year of hard work is ahead, but I am ready for what waits ahead.

I am going to Game Dev con “Games Gathering” this July to show my game to real people for the first time, I’m so nervous :D I’ve never been to any event like this, any advice please? Wink

If you are still here, thank you for reading my little story Grin I have never written anything like that...

If you wish to support me, just add “Pyramid Rush” to your wishlist!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1650970/Pyramid_Rush
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic