Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:37:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSo we made a small game and need your help!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: So we made a small game and need your help!  (Read 1405 times)
FruityFrog
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2021, 04:41:06 AM »

So we made a game in pico-8 so it will be playable on all platforms.

We only have a issue with keeling it fun.
Try it out and give us tips and ideas♡

https://taytopotatoe.itch.io/fruity-frog
fairchild_671
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 01:49:32 PM »

I rarely play games online so this was pretty fun. Here's some thoughts:

• It took me a short while to get that "X" was the key to press to start the game. I had my PS4 controller plugged in and kept thinking it was the x button.
  • I rarely look at the controls so it took me several tries to figure out how the controls work. I then decided to look at the control mapping to fully understand it.

Gameplay-wise I felt like letting the flies eat the first three strawberries is the smartest thing to do. It's too difficult to eat the flies when they're coming from all angles. But when there was just one strawberry and flies coming from one direction, I was able to keep that up for a long time. So the difficulty actually drops even though it feels like the game should be harder.

Anyway, that was fun to try! Thanks.

Indie game developer working on a futuristic sci-fi game called Forest Grove.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:23:16 AM »

Hi FruityFrog,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 05:23:06 PM »

I saw jbarrios play of the game and the graphics seem really cute, the game seems a little too simple to grab me though.

1amth3am
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 11:28:14 AM »

I tried this game, and it felt really repetitive. Once you lose 3 fruits, you can hold the arrows for the one fruit and just hold them. I may be being a bit harsh, but this was my experience.
Sincerely,
1amth3am
TheJorthMagician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 04:44:40 PM »

I can see what the others are saying about only worrying about one berry. After slurping up over 225 flies I was starting to wonder, if there would be an end to the level and progression to another layout of fruit to protect, or would it just end up being an endless swarm of flies attacking my last berry? I never found out, looked away from the screen for a second and a fly took my last berry.

Check out the new 16-bit RPG The Great War of Jorth. A war story with multiple story branches and endings. Find the demo on our website: workingman.productions
TwoSaint
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 06:28:25 PM »

hello FruityFrog
one thing you could do is have the berries move around or have the frog move around for added variety. Coffee
rmgr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 03:36:32 PM »

hello FruityFrog
one thing you could do is have the berries move around or have the frog move around for added variety. Coffee

I agree, having the berries move around would improve the game as I got down to one fruit and then just held down the keys and couldn't lose.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic