Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:38:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[ DELETED ]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [ DELETED ]  (Read 595 times)
Eugene7A
« on: June 28, 2021, 11:27:46 AM »

The content has been deleted
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 11:04:45 AM by Eugene7A » Logged
TheJorthMagician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 04:11:59 PM »

Hi Eugene, just tried your game. Using a laptop mouse pad I found I had a hard time controlling it, of course age may just be catching up with me. Hand eye coordination isn't what it used to be. I suspect using a regular mouse would make quite the improvement to my ability to control the game, but with that being said I see the potential for Red Algorithm being a great time filler when you're commuting on the bus/train etc. Good job.

Check out the new 16-bit RPG The Great War of Jorth. A war story with multiple story branches and endings. Find the demo on our website: workingman.productions
Level
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 06:58:45 AM »

Hello!

I just tried out your game, it's pretty fun, but I believe there is a lot of things to be improved:

The sound design, weapons, reloads, music, etc. It's interesting how you made all of the sound effects with your mouth, but I believe a lot of times they come out as rather weak.
The animations, running, moving, enemies dying, etc.
The Textures, it's a cool style, but I think there is more that could be improved about it.
The general gameplay, there is no tutorial, I was clueless about what to do and how things worked, what is a penalty? How do I get one? How does it work? How do you aim, shoot, etc.
The resolution is capped at a very low value.
The death sound voice was... interesting.
It would be interesting to see a bigger play area or perhaps a procedurally generated system in place?
The gameplay loop is kind of lacking, I saw how you introduced new enemies at a later stage, but I believe one thing that would make the game more fun would be to have better death animations for the enemies, it would be interesting to see them vary from time to time or based on the weapon that you are using.

Anyways, that's about what I think could be improved, good luck on your dev journey!

-Level
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic