Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:13:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBattleJuice Alchemist - Action RPG with deck-building mechanics
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BattleJuice Alchemist - Action RPG with deck-building mechanics  (Read 1170 times)
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2021, 01:21:42 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Alain, an indie dev from Germany and I make the game BattleJuice Alchemist. It is a singleplayer action RPG combining classic top-down combat with third person bullet time. You explore a dark procedural world, learn ritual magic, solve riddles, craft alchemical potions and combine them in deck-building-like fashion to fight the demons overrunning the lands.

If you want to find out more, here is my obligatory introduction post and of course the BattleJuice Alchemist DevLog on TIG. Or simply watch the trailer for the alpha playtest here:

KEY FEATURES

Unique Items ans Skill System

- Loot and Craft - No armor, no swords, just flasks. Find them, craft them, arrange them in a "deck", which you randomly draw from.

- Unique Skill System - Flasks are your skills. Some of them have powers attached that drastically change their effects when used, which allows for various playstyles.

Explore a Dark World

- Procedural Landscapes - Levels are created procedurally. No playthrough will be the same unless you pick a specific seed. You can change seeds and keep your character.

- Dark Lands to Discover - Daytime and weather effect combat. There are treasures and dark altars to find and secrets to uncover.

Engaging Combat

- Classic isometric ARPG action - Classic top down view gives a traditional action RPG game feeling.

- Close Combat with Bullet-time - Close combat encounters are fought in third person and bullet time. You can decide which way of fighting you prefer.

HOW TO JOIN THE PLAYTEST

Joining is pretty simple: Head over to the BattleJuice Alchemist Steam page, find the "Request Access" button, click it and you are good to go. Btw. I disagree with people saying that games which are posted here and already on Steam are in a state where playtests won't help shaping the game. At least for my game, this is definitely not the case.

FEEDBACK

There is a survey after 1h of playing or finishing the main quest and I would love as many people as possible to answer it. You can continue playing afterwards. If you want to talk to me more, just do that here or on Discord. I'm excited about the playtest and looking forward to talk to some of you about it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:32:29 AM by Alain » Logged

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 09:28:00 AM »

Hey there!

The new patch 0.15801 for the BattleJuice Alchemist playtest has just gone live on Steam. You can find out all about what has changed and what is about to come in the Steam announcement.

Quite a few players have already provided me with very valuable feedback. It is just great for me to see the game grow and I obviously want to make it so that people enjoy playing.

Patch 0.15801 is not the biggest one with regards to content. It containts a lot of tweaks, quality of life features and bugfixing. But to name two things that were added because of feedback from players, there now are more polite ways to end conversations and loot drops from breakable objects.

I am currently working on new places: haunted sights that you can discover in the wilderness. They are mini events bringing new challenges and ways of testing your flask-throwing skills. I'm really excited for this feature that will come not too far in the future.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 02:18:47 AM »

Hey everyone!

The latest patch 0.18604 for the BattleJuice Alchemist alpha playtest is now live on Steam. You can read all about it in the Steam announcement.

This time we have new items, bosses, areas and mechanics like bullet time...

... or black holes Smiley

If you want to join the playtest, you can do so via the Steam page and clicking "Request Access".

Have a good rest of the week!

Alain

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 04:32:49 AM »

Ooops, I totally forgot to update this thread for the current build(s). The alpha playtest is still running and will continue to do so for a while. Make sure to check the game's DevLog to stay up to speed with all patches, news and so on Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic