Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 03:54:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] [REMOTE] Spilt Milk Studios is looking for a junior/grad programmer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] [REMOTE] Spilt Milk Studios is looking for a junior/grad programmer  (Read 2813 times)
MilkySmith
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2021, 01:31:29 AM »

[UPDATE: Role filled!]

Hi!
My name's Andrew, I'm the founder and Creative Director at https://www.spiltmilkstudios.com, and we’re looking for an entry level Programmer to join our team and help us build our next hit game!

You’ll be an essential part of a small and creative team, working on almost every aspect of the game alongside an experienced, talented & friendly group of devs. We’re completely committed to building a company as diverse as the audiences we want to entertain, and will be really excited to hear from anyone who thinks they might bring a little something-something to our team.

You’re passionate about games, you love the craft just as much as the art, and you’re focused on the player above all things. You’re an open communicator, never too proud to ask for help, and you’re great at managing your time. We want to find someone who’ll grow with us and make us better.

Role
  • Entry Level/Junior/Graduate Coder
  • £20-£24k salary-equivalent dayrate (depending on experience) <- if you're not a grad or jr but the money makes sense to you for whatever reason (mostly we expect geographical location/exchange rates), we're still interested in hearing from you!
  • 5 month fixed term contract starts on August 1st (or as close a possible)
  • Fulltime (35 hour work week)
  • Flexible Hours (core 10-4)
  • Remote working
  • Generalist coding role
  • We would own all the work we pay you to do, but we're flexible about licensing etc so it's a conversation in the end!

Responsibilities:
  • Take ownership of a subset of gameplay systems within the Code team.
  • You will be working on a range of gameplay programming, creating and integrating tools to aid the team in creating the game.
  • You’ll likely be touching on gameplay and/or visuals most days.
  • We use Bolt (or PlayMaker) in Unity, and Blueprints in Unreal so there’ll be lots of working closely with our Design team

We respect your time
If we get to the point where we have several amazing candidates, there’ll be a test, and you will be paid to take it.

We’re after candidates who
  • Have C++ or C# coding experience (we work in Unity and Unreal)
  • Can demonstrate their skills in a portfolio or software. We want to play or interact with your work in some form - but it doesn’t have to be a game! Experiment, art piece, tool, whatever.
  • Is comfortable communicating in spoken and written English

Applying
  • If you’re a UK Resident please do apply via the Kickstart scheme https://qxkcbfguirb.typeform.com/to/Ly9VmQfb if you can! It helps you with more support for your first job in the industry, and us too.
  • If you don’t qualify for kickstart/are based outside the UK/are not a UK resident, then please apply to [email protected] anyway, it won’t have a material impact on your application!

We absolutely still want to hear from you if
  • You don’t live in the UK
  • You don’t have a degree
  • You think you’re too inexperienced for the role
  • You don’t have anything commercially or publicly released

Diversity:
Two thirds of our core team (4 out of 6 people) are white men, but we’re very proud to say that our two most recent long term hires are not, and beyond that we’ve been pushing to work with diverse people wherever we can across projects like we did with Fascism Fighters 4000, and through our internships (13 students in total and only 2 white men! Yay!). We’re really excited to hear from people who don’t fit the mold and who - quite honestly - help us push the cis white male portion of our company into the minority!

More about Spilt Milk Studios
We’re a member of the Tentacle Zone https://tentacle.zone/, a shared workspace for game developers in central London, so if and when the need arises we have office space - but even so we work with people all around the world all the time, and with a mostly remote team anyway. We’re flexible!

We run most of our work through discord, and are very community-focused. We have been running internships and placements for the past 3 years, and are heavily involved in multiple initiatives that promote diversity and mentoring in the industry. We’re passionate, mature, responsible, motivated and supportive.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 02:20:49 AM by MilkySmith » Logged
[email protected]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 02:14:09 AM »

Hello,

I would love to assist you.

It would be really great if we could discuss about this job opportunity further over skype or zoom meeting for better and efficient communication.

Please let me know the suitable time for the call/meeting.

Kind Regards
Maria
email- [email protected]
+13478093381
Nefisto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 02:46:33 AM »

Can I ask why you're looking for c++/c# unity if you work with bolt/blueprint? I mean, did you use visual scripting together with programming? Are you looking for someone that knows how programming works to transfer knowledge to visual scripting?
MilkySmith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 03:07:36 AM »

Thanks for the question! The programming role will be 99% involved with C++/C#, but we call out the close work with our designers, who work in Bolt/GameMaker/Blueprints as context for the job.

If an applicant has no experience in Bolt/etc that's totally fine.
Monolyth Himself
Level 0

Hey guys, Mono here.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 08:45:30 AM »

Hi Andrew,

I just wanted to ask if you have a deadline for application submissions before August. I'm hoping I'm not too late.
MilkySmith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 09:59:39 AM »

Hi! We're likely going to close applications sometime in the next 5 working days - I'll update the post to reflect that. Be ace to see you apply  Grin
Monolyth Himself
Level 0

Hey guys, Mono here.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 01:14:27 PM »

Thank you for the reply, I'll make sure I email before then.

Just one more question if that's okay.
Would you want to see a github post included in the email (so you can look over the code) or do you just want to interact with what I've made directly, or both?
MilkySmith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 11:05:01 PM »

You should send anything you think will help us assess your skills thoroughly, and improve your application Hand Metal Left

(If I was a coder and had a github, I know I'd share it as well as anything playable Hand Joystick I have made.)
Monolyth Himself
Level 0

Hey guys, Mono here.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 03:07:30 AM »

Understood.
Thank you for your response once again Smiley.
MilkySmith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 05:34:50 AM »

CLOSING APPLICATIONS TODAY/TOMORROW (depending on your global location)!
MilkySmith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 02:20:22 AM »

Just updating to say we found someone to fill the role, thank you for your applications!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic