Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:22:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHypermind- A first person puzzle game inspired by Portal and Zelda
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hypermind- A first person puzzle game inspired by Portal and Zelda  (Read 859 times)
recursionstudio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:56:21 PM »

Hypermind is a first-person puzzle game inspired by Portal and Zelda. Unlike Portal, six powerful physical abilities are designed to provide more flexibility and possibility for puzzle space. Players may use combination and imagination to resolve each interesting puzzle.

Here is the trailer:

Here is the download link: https://www.indiedb.com/games/hypermind/downloads/demo60

Here are some screenshots:

The game is currently in development and I'm looking for feedback!
Piaworthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 05:14:28 AM »

Hi RecursionStudio,

The game seems really polished, and looks great. Runs well on GTX 1650/corei5/8GB RAM at 1080p. I like the soundtrack. I couldn't progress to the end however, as after 20 minutes of gameplay I was stumped by one of the puzzles. Specifically, I couldn't progress past the room just beyond the one with the two cubes linked up to the dissolvable wall. I don't really fully understand the interaction between the cubes and the buttons - it seemed like cubes were just dissolving for no reason, despite reading the tutorial page in the menu. I found it hard to parse the symbols on the various buttons on the floor. Perhaps a more specific and thorough tutorial could help to onboard new players. I could just be being really dumb, of course.

I did enjoy it though, and all the menus worked well, messed around with a few settings to try and find bugs. Seemed quite stable for a demo. Again, the visuals are super polished. Hope some of this helps!
recursionstudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 06:50:49 PM »

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I guess you are stumped because concepts are not explained clearly.
A button can be used to control several targets at the same time, the symbols on it indicate the type of the targets.
One important target is the cube generator, unlike the door, each time a red button pressing event is triggered, a new cube is generated, the old cube is dissolved. This is different from a cube dissolved when passing through the dissolvable wall.

The puzzle you got stuck maybe the hard one in the tutorial level, a red button controls two targets: the door and the cube generator. You have to utilize the event triggering behavior to crack it, it's a little bit tricky.

As for the symbol, I'll try to make them more intuitive in the final version.

I'm glad you have fun on the demo tour!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic