Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:01:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLooking for feedback on my new wave shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for feedback on my new wave shooter  (Read 936 times)
ellisjames20061
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2021, 09:35:31 AM »

Hi, I would appreciate it if you guys checked out my new game i have just finished here: https://ellisjames20061.itch.io/neonhavoc

Here is a basic overview of the game:

Play as a triangle battling though waves of enemies across different levels in this super polished minimalistic  top down shooter. Each level has a different amount of waves gradually getting harder as the games goes on. The final level is an epic boss fight to test your true skills.

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 02:47:11 PM »

Hi. :)

Cool game!

I really like the visuals, the shapes look cool and the colors are so fresh and shiny. :))

The speeds of everything seem to be well chosen and overall it plays nicely.

However there are some annoyances, mostly little, including some bugs:
  • Regarding visuals, the yellow is too bright, which is especially bad when it's a border color - makes all objects fall into the background.
  • The camera/screen stagger whenever I shoot. That should be optional (I personally hate it and it is a real dealbreaker, I almost quit the game immediately)
  • In games like these, the avatar usually keeps shooting when you hold the firing button. Especially when it has a very high firerate and the main button of choice is a mouse click (because you gotta use the mouse anyway) - i got tired of constant clickfest very fast (no matter if I used mouse or ctrl). (Also it might be better to use spacebar instead of control)
  • Sometimes the ship did not shoot where I aimed. The difference between where I aim and where it shoots grew bigger over time, soon I had to aim top to shoot left.
  • At one point my health changed to 2147483647, practically rendering me immortal. :p Or so it seemed, because something did kill me at some point, probably because I kept eating all the shots on purpose. xD (the health was not moving during that time though)
  • From a certain point the ship could not stop, instead it was constantly dragged somewhere to the right even though I was not pressing any buttons.

All these are rather "easy fixes" actually (or so I believe), nothing huge to overcome, so I'd say you got something good here. :)

Keep up the good work! :)
sambloom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 05:47:25 AM »

I played it for like 10 min.

The above post has similar feedback I was thinking of. I would also like to see some more spicy patterns to the enemies than simple follow and shoot. What about some kamikaze bots that follow you and try to fly into you, or some enemies that shoot a spread of bullets instead of just one?

Overall nice look on the game
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 08:38:00 AM »

Hey ellisjames,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

arvidinator
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 12:17:47 AM »

i feel like there's a great game in here, it just needs a little polish. here's some of my gripes:

- shooting feels a bit clunky, since you can't just hold to shoot
- the fonts look quite stale and standard, might wanna add a glow effect or something along those lines to the UI
- gameplay is fun, but could be improved upon with more arcade-y elements such as powerups or harder difficulty

either way, you've made a fun little game. looking forward to future updates!

if you click this link I will kiss your forehead!

https://arvidinator.itch.io/
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 07:46:46 AM »

its looking a LOT like Geometry wars right now, that might be a bit of a difficult property to compete with.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic