Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:41:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[RevShare] Solo Unity Programmer Looking For A 2D Artist On Metroidvania Title
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [RevShare] Solo Unity Programmer Looking For A 2D Artist On Metroidvania Title  (Read 632 times)
Matttske
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2021, 11:33:39 AM »

Hello!

I am a recent Computer Science graduate from Belgium with a passion for video games. I am currently working on a prototype for a metroidvania in Unity and am looking to partner with a 2D (preferably pixel) artist/animator to bring my project to the next level.

Previous work
In the past, I've coded multiple unfinished games which I unfortunately don't have the footage for anymore. I do however still have a video of a basic 2D platforming game I made for one of my classes. The entirety of this game was programmed in C# with the MonoGame framework by me two years ago. ---Side Note, the Discord notification you hear is not yours, it's the video Smiley---

Video Here: https://streamable.com/0wyoek

Current Progress
I started working on this game about two weeks ago from scratch and so far have made the basics of player and camera movement, as well as some combat logic. All of the artwork used currently are assets from the unity asset store, to make working on the game a little more pleasing to the eye haha.

I usually make use of many Debug tools to make sure the game is functioning properly, which is why I've included a video of the Debug tools I used that are provided by unity. It definitely helps seeing the code working visually instead of simply logging every number or line of code to the console.

Normal Video: https://streamable.com/duntz2
Debug Video: https://streamable.com/vq334y

Future of the project
At the moment, I don't know how long making this game will take. It could take anywhere from half a year to 2 years. All I know is that this is not a short-term project. I want to make a full metroidvania game from start to finish. So If you are looking for a short project to increase your portfolio quickly, this might not be very appealing to you.

My focus right now is a steam release, but depending on the success, porting the game to the Nintendo switch, PS4/5 and XBOX is also feasible.

Theme of the project
I have a vague idea of the theme and story for the game, but will hold off on saying anything further in this post.

The main inspirations are the obvious ones:

• Hollow Knight
  • Ori
  • Dead Cells

Yes these are high standards to serve as my inspirations, and this may be the 900th metroidvania post you have seen today, but I am confident in my abilities as a programmer and am very determined to see this project completed.

Of course, my ideas are still very much in the early stages and I would love to work further on them with you. The theme can even completely change in case you have an interesting idea you want to realize. I want to work closely with you to make sure that we are designing and making a game we are both satisfied with at the end.

Why I think I can do this
As I said, I have a degree in computer science which gives me 3 years of experience with programming in various different languages. And though real projects can very much differ, I have not had a single failing grade in any of my classes in those 3 years. Aside from the programming, I also have experience in project management tools like Trello or Jira, seeing as that was a very large part of my 3 years at college. So I believe I can guide our progress in the right direction and make it easy to follow where we are in the project and what we still need to do.

What I am looking for
I am currently using my free time to work on the game and expect nothing more from you. I am very flexible and understand that working on a game in your free time can become very time-consuming. I just want you to not give up half-way and see this project through to the end.

Seeing as I am a recent graduate myself, I don't have any requirements as to how much experience you have with game development. As long as I like your artwork and feel like you'd be a fun partner to work with, there is no worry there.

Preferably, I would like it if your time zone is not too different from my own (GMT+2), to make communication easier for both of us. However, depending on how much I like you or your art, this requirement can be completely ignored. So don't hold off on contacting me if your time zone is completely different than my own!

EDIT:

I took some time to create a collection of references of what exactly I am looking for. I probably should have done this in the beginning, but hindsight is 20/20. In any case, you can find the document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hfm033NfYOk8EUCAbjF_4p0UlTik-eDOgSgjmcwROnc/edit?usp=sharing Smiley

How to contact me
If you are interested in working with me, do not hesitate to contact me either through an email to [email protected] or through a discord DM to Matttske#1588 with some examples of your work.

I look forward to hearing from you! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:21:26 AM by Matttske » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic